Lower 1/4 panels

-

dartcuda

Mopar Or No Car
Reaction score
Ok I am about to get ready to work on my lower 1/4's on my 66 Dart, Was thinking about just doing fiberglass, but now am thinking about making my own patch panels. Ok, never have done this before, but am thinking it would be a better way to go. so what are some of the things I need to do to do this. I already have the welder so that's not a problem. And have a friend who has a roller for forming the metal to the shape I need. Just looking for some pointers on doing this

Many years ago I got a fellow that ran a heating cooling business to make me some lower qtrs for my 66 Dart. He took a couple of measurements off the car, then cut, bent and rolled a couple of good panels in about an hour. Good luck with your project.
Bob

Ok, thanks, I am going to look into that link for some pointers thanks for hooking me up with it 70dart.

gerty, My friend has been doing some real nice work with his roller so I am sure we can make some to fit my 66 Dart.

rjsjae,, I have to agree with you on that. When I did the body work on it 12 years ago I used bondo, Didn't remember how much until I started grinding away at it.

I will have to replace some of the wheel lip but luckly enough I have some other 1/4's to get the piece I need from. I will try and get some pics of it this week end and some as I go along on this task.

Well i dont have any pointers for you dartcuda but i figured i ought to wish you luck that doesnt sound like the easiest task so any way Good Luck Justin

-
Back