lower contol arm ?

-

dusterboyy440

Reaction score
alright is there a trick to getting the lower control arm off the k member???? i dropped the k member an still cant get it off! :sad1:

Once the lower control arm and strut rod nuts are off,a BEEEG crow bar 'tween the lca and k-frame.Strut rod fights a little bit,but it'll pop.Bob

Remove the bolt and give it a few love taps with a 5 lb mini sledge if the crow bar doesn't work, that's what I did. I assume you already have the torsion bar out and the front strut rod bolt removed too.

It's hamma time!

sorry had to say it thats what i did to wacks at her then pop on the floor worked on both the dart an my duster:headbang:

yea shes being a !@#$% and wont come off..i wasnt sure if there was a technique but i guess il have to bring out that sledge hammer :thumbup:

Yeah, it's a *****. The real fun is when you go to put those lovely pivot shafts back in the lca's along with the bushings, just came in from the shop. Whew! Glad that one is over. Big hint: Go buy yourself a press now!

yea im thrilled lol its my 1st time building one this sripped down sooo still learnin :scratch: but yea i will have to pick one up

Yeah, it's a *****. The real fun is when you go to put those lovely pivot shafts back in the lca's along with the bushings, just came in from the shop. Whew! Glad that one is over. Big hint: Go buy yourself a press now!
man that was the worst part an i had to do it too two cars:cussing:

If had to do that agian id sell the car :sad1:

:---) never mind i love the fact that in a month ill be able to blow the tires off in high gear again!:headbang:cant wait

30 over 69hp 440 12.1 MP590 950dp full msd set up home ported heads,4k conv.man rev. VB 8 3/4 spolled with 4.56's 8pt cage one seat an fuzzy dice!i just pulled the motor on sat to rebuild an stroke on alky going to put in my stock 440 with fenderwells with some of the bolt on stuff so i can still play on the streets!:headbang:

sweet.. i got a 40 over 67 Hp440 13.1 compression thats sitting beside the car almost ready to go in! :lol:

yur in for one hell of a ride my friend u cant keep the grin
off my face every time i slap the loud pedal:lol::thumbup:

-
Back