Lower control arm question

-

rusty

Reaction score
I've got a disc set-up that came off of a 72 dart,gonna put it on my 69 Dart.I would like to put a sway bar on the car but my lowers don't have the tabs.Question is,are the lower control arms different through the years and what is the difference,is it the taper for the ball joints or can I just find some with the tabs and use them?Thanks for any help,Todd

I've got a disc set-up that came off of a 72 dart,gonna put it on my 69 Dart.I would like to put a sway bar on the car but my lowers don't have the tabs.Question is,are the lower control arms different through the years and what is the difference,is it the taper for the ball joints or can I just find some with the tabs and use them?Thanks for any help,Todd

Ball joints unbolt from the LCAs.
72 back and 73 up on the a bodies. You need to locate your sway bar first or just buy an aftermarket kit. There are aftermarket tabs for the 73 up control arms that you can weld in place. I have heard of some people using them on the 72 back but haven't seen the results. Tabs are located further toward the wheels on the 73 up LCAs.

The 67-72 has the sway bar go out inbetween the K-member and the core support and the LCA tabs are further out toward the wheel. 73-76 has the bar go through the K-member and the tabs are more inboard (to clear the front-hung calipers). Mixing and matching the swaybars and LCA's won't work, 73-up is better (larger wheel bearings, easy to upgrade to 12" factory rotors and calipers, and parts/wheel selection and availability)

I will have to look and see where the calipers hang,the cars vin showed it to be a 72 but has lg bolt pattern,I realise the ball joints unbolt from the spindle but the taper stud goes through the lca so do I use ball joint for the year lca's that I use.I found a set from 67-69 Barracuda sway bar and all,can I use them with the disc? Heading out to work now,thanks for the help will check back tommorow.

If the caliper is a single piston, it's a 73+ set up. Hang the calipers to the rear and ANY of the sway bars work fine.

If you are looking for a set of LCA's with tabs I have a pair available.

73-76 ARE DIFFERENT....prior years the same. The two will not interchange without a lot of work you dont want to do.
Don't know much...but pretty sure of that...

car must have been late 72,calipers are single to the front.What is involved in moving them to the rear? Crackedback please pm with a price and I will see what I can do,Thanks breaks over back to work,Todd

Swap spindles side to side and get appropriate hoses.

I'll PM you later.

-
Back