lower control arms

-

mad dog

Reaction score
hi, new member here. im restoring a 70 Duster 340. i am rebuilding and detailing the front suspension. my question is what color is correct for the lower control arms as ive seen them that gold cad color as well as a light gray almost a silver color, what is correct? i am useing eastwood products. any help would be appreciated.

There seem to be differences depending on what plant the car was built at. They could be dipped in black paint or dipped in cosmoline. Look closely at your LCA's and see if you can determine what it originally was. Look for any signs of black paint.

they were too rusty to see any factory color, is that cosmoline that gives it that gold color?

The ones on my car looked like they were dipped black....

I have a pair down at the shop that was dipped in black too. Maybe there was more than one supplier that coated them differently? Maybe the process changed? Maybe different plants had different suppliers? Who knows?? Paint it whet ever you think looks best would be my advise.

thanks for the advice guys.... US car tool shows them in gold cosmoline color while muscle car creations shows them light gray, i guess like u guys said what ever looks good to me

-
Back