Lower Quarter Patch

-

JeffTheMarine

Reaction score
I am looking for a company that makes an entire lower quarter patch for 71 Demons. I have seen the entire quarter skins and OE quarters but I am looking for a quarter patch from tail end to door jamb from about the middle to the bottom. Is there a company that I have not found yet that makes them? Please advise.

Jeff

I am looking for a company that makes an entire lower quarter patch for 71 Demons. I have seen the entire quarter skins and OE quarters but I am looking for a quarter patch from tail end to door jamb from about the middle to the bottom. Is there a company that I have not found yet that makes them? Please advise.

Jeff

Most people I know that need that much just buy the whole quarter and cut what they need. I havent seen the patches myself.

Most people I know that need that much just buy the whole quarter and cut what they need. I havent seen the patches myself.

I agree with Fishman, just buy a full skin and cut off the sections you don't need. I have never seen just a full length patch panel for the lower section. The full skins are $189.00/EA through Autobody Specialties. I will also bet you will need trunk extensions and will have to patch the inner part of the rockers and the outer wheelhouse lips. These areas are hidden by the quarters and tend to collect all the road crap and rust from the inside out.

Rust is nasty and tends to creep up on you when you least expect it. Just when you think you have it all taken care of, BAM you find another hole or thin spot hiding behind panel or bracket. At least that seems to be the case with my 72 RR and every other old Mopar I have messed with.

Oh, and by the way welcome to the site. There are alot of great guys here with tons of help and knowledge to offer. You are definitely in the right place as a Mopar A-Body owner. I am currently A-Bodyless but I will have my Demon someday after I get the million or so other other projects I have done first LOL.

Joe

I appreciate the help and the welcome. And you're right I do need the trunk floor extension. It is only on one side though. The other side is repairable. I had a 70 Duster at one point that literally did not have a spot of rust in it. Somewhere down the line someone poured a quart of oil over the trunk floor and down between the quarters and the floor extensions and the floor pans were perfect so the car literally didnt have a spot of rust. I still kick myself for selling the car. For some reason though the wife hated it so I ended up selling it.

Jeff

You're in a prime area for cars that don't have rot.

Go to the boneyards around the area. There are a few in the Oceanside/SD area. Any Duster, Demon, Dart Sport lower 1/4 panel is the same. Cut it off and you have your section. Plus it's original metal, not the chinese crap.

Only way you'll get the piece you need is from a complete 1/4.

Got any pictures of what you need.

I will post some pictures of the rot in my car later today. I have heard that the ones down in the Chula Vista Area are pretty good but I have not made it down there yet. I will have to invest some time in doing that here soon though.

Jeff

-
Back