Lower radiator supprt

-

nodemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this question belongs here, but im sure you guys could help...
I have a 72 Demon... The lower radiator support is "bent up" ...like someone tried towing it from this area.. The k-frame bracket(not sure if that's correct terminology) support connects to the middle, and the there are two holes at either end of the radiator support.. They are all bent out of place.. Can I apply heat to these areas and straighten..? If so, how much heat would be needed. I have small propane torches, but not sure if that'd be enough. Also, if anyone has one of those k-frame to radiator support brackets available, let me know, as I need one..
Thanks in advance..!!

Can you weld? You could drill out the spot welds and weld in a used part. Any a-body part 1967 and newer should be fine. Post in the wanted section. Same for the lower brace.

Also, it may be possible to straighten the one on the car. Hammer and dolly. If the metal is creased/folded, heat would help.

Can you weld? You could drill out the spot welds and weld in a used part. Any a-body part 1967 and newer should be fine. Post in the wanted section. Same for the lower brace.

Also, it may be possible to straighten the one on the car. Hammer and dolly. If the metal is creased/folded, heat would help.
I can't weld.. I was going to try and straighten with heat, but I've noticed that where the k frame brace attaches to the lower support is "torn".. Should be a closed hole for the brace bolt to go through and it's ripped open..

I know we have members in the St. Louis area. Maybe post a "Help Wanted in St. Louis" with a picture.
@Topless69 ?

That lower radiator support is available from AMD. You will have to post in the want adds for the brace . That support is all spot welded in, trying to straighten, it's a springy part. Had to deal with one on my '69.

-
Back