Lower rear 1/4 ?

-

CO/6

Reaction score
My son's '74 Duster lower rear 1/4's are slowly rising due to age. I'm considering going "old school" adn trying to bend/cut/ bang/tap some sheet metal in to save what we can for the time being. Our other option is going for aftermarket patch panels and just having them welded in/on. I've seen them for about Any experiences or suggestions?
My limited welding skills have me a little apprehensive about doing it myself. . so far this is what I'm lookingt at:

http://www.autobodyspecialt.com/cat-sp-08/142.gif

I'm doing mine right now! I had a mountain of dirt and leaves and cigs come out of my lower quarter. It didnt look too bad until I started cutting. I sure am glad I did!
I got the patch from year one. But you can get them lots of places.

SANY0065.JPG

SANY0066.JPG

SANY0072.JPG

You're pretty much in the same boat that I'm in, or vise versa. Who'd you go through to get the patch panels?

If your apprehensive about welding the panels in. Check out some of the panel adhesives. They're using them on some of the newer cars.
Had the owner of a body shop tell me they use them in some applications .
Like around wheel wells were spot or plug welds are more suspect to rust easy. You still have to do some welding . You can get it through Eastwood or
auto body supply. The adhesive they have now are a lot better then they used to be.

You're pretty much in the same boat that I'm in, or vise versa. Who'd you go through to get the patch panels?

I got mine from YearOne. I think the paddock has them also. They are pretty nice panels. Fit decent and EDP coated.
I'm going to weld mine, but panel adhesive (as mentioned above) would work great. You would just need to put a flange in the patch where it meets the quarter.

-
Back