Lowering blocks

-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
Can you make a lowering block yourself.I want to drop the rear end about a inch can I fab up some plates out of 1in thick steel and use them.

Very slightly.
But you can add some taper in the block to compensate for that if needed.

I made 1" blocks on my Dart.
But because my driveline-angle is off a bit because of A518 OD-transmission, I deal with correcting it properly when the trans is mounted high enough into the tunnel.

Very slightly.
But you can add some taper in the block to compensate for that if needed.

I made 1" blocks on my Dart.
But because my driveline-angle is off a bit because of A518 OD-transmission, I deal with correcting it properly when the trans is mounted high enough into the tunnel.

What did you make it out of. I was thinking some 1x2 steel bar stock.

You could just spend $20 at the parts store for the aluminum ones and save yourself some time lol

do you have 1inch on your u bolts? they will need to be a bit longer maybe.

I have some 1" ones I put in my duster from summit, they are like 25 bucks, it will change you pinion angle some.
I my case I put new mancini 1" hd springs in, so it did not throw the pinion angle off enough to cause any problems on a stock a body 8.75.

I put SS springs on my 69 and was to high. So I went and bought 2 in lowering blocks and new u bolts.
SC54_zpsc3a1333e.jpg

Most blocks will come with new u bolts. I'm not a fan of re-using the originals.

-
Back