Lowering question

-

plymouth1937

Reaction score
Hi i posted a question on a other forum but i give up the replies was not what i was looking for so il try here im lowering my truck d200 68 anybody here that have rasied the hole engine-trany pac im bagging it and the pan is hiting the front axel its like 5" clearens in the trany tunnel and raising the hole pac whold give me a lot of clearens

Seems like a different, or custom oil pan is a cheaper and easier answer.

A few pictures would help. Sounds like you need a different oil pan and pickup. 65'

so, you are looking to raise the drive train?

is it the original engine in there?

like others mentioned the oil pan might be suspect
but if that is the engine that came with it, i would just "double" up on the engine mounts
easy enough to fabricate

Elaborate on your "engine-trany pac"... small or big block, auto or manual trans., etc. I assume you're trying to keep the front straight axle?

so, you are looking to raise the drive train?

is it the original engine in there?

like others mentioned the oil pan might be suspect
but if that is the engine that came with it, i would just "double" up on the engine mounts
easy enough to fabricate
The oil pan is not the problem yes my plan is to rework the engine mounts and tranny mounts to raise the hole pac and notch the fram above the axel going whid air bags so ride height Will be ok

here is a dumb question...did someone raise the body by adding spacers between the body and the frame?
(not sure if you can on this year truck)

but it makes no sense to have 5 inches between the top of the transmission and the bottom of the tunnel

Bb 727 original bb truck yes straight axel is a must and the engine-tranny sits very low in this trucks thay are built for high ground clearens

here is a dumb question...did someone raise the body by adding spacers between the body and the frame?
(not sure if you can on this year truck)

but it makes no sense to have 5 inches between the top of the transmission and the bottom of the tunnel
No iv just change all the bushings on cab and bed stock version so its the right height can take a picture tomorow its a huge gap iv just sound profed the cab floor from the under side and its no problem to reatch around the tranny whid 2 arms to Mount the sheets

-
Back