lowering the front end

-

Jamakin

Reaction score
how much can i lower the front of my car by just adjusting the torsion bars? I want to lower the front of my car a little bit to give it a more aggressive stance.

Also what effect will this have on the car by doing this?

thanks

You can lower it a 1-2 inches but your alignment will be off, should get it alingned to save your suspension and tires. Depending on how your car is now it could handle and drive better. I lowered my 73 Fury wagon over 2 inches and it handles way better, but the previous owner had it raised up higher than stock. Just lube up the bolts really good before you do this, maybe even days before, make sure you lube the entire bolt.

thanks, i thought that was the case but I didn't want to just start messing with things. I was swapping tires around this weekend and for a time i had a smaller tire on the front and the stance looked great with the front sitting a little bit lower. So i might play around with the bars.

I'm going to redo the whole front suspension down the road with new bars and bushings but that might not be until the end of the season

thanks, i thought that was the case but I didn't want to just start messing with things. I was swapping tires around this weekend and for a time i had a smaller tire on the front and the stance looked great with the front sitting a little bit lower. So i might play around with the bars.

I'm going to redo the whole front suspension down the road with new bars and bushings but that might not be until the end of the season

Your best bet is to use 2" drop spindles - they will lower your front end without changing alignment.

We sell them for $479 with free shipping if you're interested.

Good luck!

You can lower it a 1-2 inches but your alignment will be off, should get it alingned to save your suspension and tires. Depending on how your car is now it could handle and drive better. I lowered my 73 Fury wagon over 2 inches and it handles way better, but the previous owner had it raised up higher than stock. Just lube up the bolts really good before you do this, maybe even days before, make sure you lube the entire bolt.

I agree with this........... and although PST has the drop spindles (which I may use on my PRO TOURING DEMON) lowering your A-body is a simple as turning a bolt! After getting it to the height you like take it to the alignment shop.

100_.jpg

agree. i'm sure the drop spindles are great but right now i'm not looking to spend the money. I'm really just looking for a little tweaking to the looks.

Thanks everyone for the input

-
Back