Lubelocker gasket

-

Mopar69gts

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody
Has anyone used a lubelocker pan gasket on their 904, if so did it fit like this?
I'm just making sure it will seal.
It says a999 on the package
Is there a difference between a 904 and 999
On the seal surface?
Obviously it fits the bolt pattern but I'm not crazy about it hanging out past the pan...
For a $25 gasket I'd think it would fit better!
Thanks, mike
20200902_200627.jpg
20200903_083555.jpg
20200903_083813.jpg
20200903_083914.jpg
20200903_084501.jpg

Also I did call Lubelocker
But they said they don't offer tech. Support
That I need to contact who I bought it from.
Which was Summit.
I on hold with them now...lol

That's junk. On an aluminum pan, you can use any kind of crappy gasket and it will seal. It's the sheet metal pans that leak if not prepped properly and a good gasket used.

After talking with Summit
He said it shows that it fits all derivatives of a904
Also he looked at some reviews that said the same thing about the sealing beads going out past the pan.
I know its probably a bit over kill to seal a cast aluminum pan but I hate leaks!
Just trying to give it my best effort to live a long happy leak free life if possible...lol
Btw. The cheap gasket that came with the pan broke in half just taking it out of the box or would have just used it..

I know there are some expensive kits that come with junk cork gaskets. I like the red Duprene on steel pans and use up the rubber and cork ones on cast aluminum.

That's junk. On an aluminum pan, you can use any kind of crappy gasket and it will seal. It's the sheet metal pans that leak if not prepped properly and a good gasket used.
When I use nice gaskets they leak more than the shitty cork ones.

Yeah live an learn
I build some BBC Engines too,
And a few companies make a real nice looking silicone one piece oil pan gasket that's supposed to be reusable for $50+
I've had them leak worse and never reused them.
Switched back to cheap 3 piece cork set no more leaks...
Oh well
I'm still gonna use this transmission pan gasket
Installed dry like it says and see how it does it might be just fine or if it leaks, I was gonna drop the pan later to inspect anyway.
I'll keep you posted.
Thanks for the replies. Mike

-
Back