lubrizol

-

7e5hangten360

semi-pro
Reaction score
hi. i am building a stock 360 except for a mild cam and bolt-ons. the cam is not in the engine yet. i was going through some parts this afternoon and found 2 cans of what direct connection/ mopar performance used to call lubrizol (?) back in the day. it was to be used with flat-tappet cams. the question is : could i still use it for break-in on the lobes ? a friend of mine which was pretty much involved in engine building told me in the 80s not to use it, it would only block the strainer, which is why i still have some left. it was probably just moly-lube. in these days with the hydraulic/flat tappet cam failures , would it be a good idea to use it on the lobes in small amounts to help prevent lobe wear ? only for a 20 minutes cam break-in then change the oil? any builders/racers still use it ? please only reply if you have experience with that stuff. i always used regular assembly lube on hydraulic and solid-lifters cams with succes (so far). cam and lifters are from comp, grind xe268h.

hi. i am building a stock 360 except for a mild cam and bolt-ons. the cam is not in the engine yet. i was going through some parts this afternoon and found 2 cans of what direct connection/ mopar performance used to call lubrizol (?) back in the day. it was to be used with flat-tappet cams. the question is : could i still use it for break-in on the lobes ? a friend of mine which was pretty much involved in engine building told me in the 80s not to use it, it would only block the strainer, which is why i still have some left. it was probably just moly-lube. in these days with the hydraulic/flat tappet cam failures , would it be a good idea to use it on the lobes in small amounts to help prevent lobe wear ? only for a 20 minutes cam break-in then change the oil? any builders/racers still use it ? please only reply if you have experience with that stuff. i always used regular assembly lube on hydraulic and solid-lifters cams with succes (so far). cam and lifters are from comp, grind xe268h.
It was made back in a day where the US government hadn't ruined it lol.
Lobes, lifters, pushrods too..use it.
Go Expo's

I use this

IMG_2959.jpeg

IMG_2960.jpeg

IMG_2961.jpeg

Calling that stuff Lubrizol is like calling a photocopy Xerox. Lubrizol is a huge oil additive company that has been at the top of the business for a hundred years. They invented ZDDP that we're so concerned about disappearing from oil today.

It clogs the filter, not the strainer. You have to drain the oil and change the filter to get it all out of your engine. I would change the oil and filter twice within 50 miles. The first within 10 miles. Old has nothing to do with it, it is still good.

-
Back