Lug pattern 75 Valiant

-

lowbudget

Mopar Man
Reaction score
I have a 1975 Valiant with the slant six. Do all the slant six cars have the 5 X 4" lug pattern or did some come with a 5 X 4 1/2" pattern? I would just go measure but I'm at work in Kuwait and wanted to order some wheels so they are waiting fro me days off. I'd ask my roomate to go measure but he is lost at anything mechanical. Thanks in advance Mike

If it has drums all the way around its the 5 x 4 lug pattern if it has front disc brakes its the 5 x 4.5 lug pattern. Good Luck Justin

I got my roomate to get under car and explain what he saw. It sounded like drums to me. He also measured spare at 4". So now it is time to order wheels. Thanks for the help Mike

The spare might not match the other wheels yanno....

I thought of that also but as clean and as staight as the car is I'm willing to bet it is. It has the original hubcaps on it and the original trunk kit is still there and intact. So odds are it is the right one.

Why not just measure one of the wheels on the car and be sure? Center of one lug, skip one to the outside edge of the next is the way to do it on a 5 lug pattern.

I thought of that also but my roomate could f/u a wet dream and I would hate for him to mess up one of those original hubcaps. I got a friend I'll call to do it as I'm waiting on a wheel supplier reply I won't get til Monday. I just want to get the wheels and tires there so I can get them on as soon as I get home. This days off is reserved for bike riding (Sturgis and Canada). Thanks Mike

I had my buddy go up and look and sure enough it has discs on it. He came up with 4 1/4" but being a chivy guy he probably went center to center. He said I had best take a look at the rotors when I get home $$$$$$$. I found a web site that listed discs as standard on a 75 Brougham. It also told me my car is optioned out. Cool now I have more wheel choices! I'm glad I didn't rush into getting wheels headed to the house. Thanks for all the help.

The rotors for a 75 can be had at any parts store. They are relatively cheap, I paid about $40 each.

cool I have my tire/wheel choices narrowed down to 2. I'll just plan on doing that days off. The wheel brgs probably needed serviced anyway.

-
Back