M-72 oil pump

-
Just a heads up for anyone wanting to buy the high pressure spring kit, Mopar screwed up the parts and sends a high pressure spring and a std pressure spring in the kit, instead of the high pressure spring and a new plug. I've ordered three hoping to get the right parts but all three came wrong.

I thought it’d be easy for me to try to locate one, just for the heck of it. But nope. I emailed several companies I found on google. None in stock. LOL. All auto parts stores cannot get one.

I think someone on the Mopar engines group page found one for me, so I’ll have him ship it over, from back east somewhere. Lol

Rock auto has Ultra-Power m72hv pumps in stock. I ordered one just in case summit didn’t come through(they haven’t). After completely disassembling, de-burring, and adding a high pressure spring kit I found out it didn’t clear the crankshaft. After a bit of grinding it cleared, but I managed to grind a hole in it that had to be welded up. I’m grateful to have a pump, but it wouldn’t be my first choice.

1971 DODGE DART 5.6L 340cid V8 Oil Pump | RockAuto

-
Back