M.A.S. Fiberglass Parts

-

dragdak

Reaction score
I have been talking to the molding company that made all the fiberglass front ends, hoods, scoops and spoilers for M.A.S. back in the 80s. They still have the molds and are interested in making more stuff if I can show them there is interest. My one piece 1967 barracuda front end will be $350.00 for example. Any takers please let me know.

We'll seems the biggest interest is in the front spoilers and the rear duck tail type. I used a 67/68 camero front spoiler on my 71 demon and it looks good but the old MAS was. Different style that was cool.

Yup, the spoilers would be the highest demand. But I'm not gettin my hopes up about them makin a run of ducktails, the subject comes up every so often and always goes to crap. There is a guy on eBay making and selling them tho so if I'll probably buy one from him when the time comes.

Damn @ $350 for an entire one piece front end how much you think just a flat pin on 6 pack hood for a 67 cuda would be? I might scrap mine for the right price !!!

Any chance ,of 68 Olds Cutlass front fenders & hood ? My ex boss is looking ,for such.

I have been looking for a 1 piece front end for a couple years now. I just can't afford paying $800 to $1100 for one. Years ago J. C. Whitney used to sell one (I don't know made it) for $500 - I wish I had bought one and put it away for now. But if you can get one for reasonable money I am interested, I already have a tilt front end, made out of steel fenders and a homemade fiberglass hood
let me know

Attachments

• mini-P1250001.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 705
FYI - M.A.S. fiberglass parts were never known for their quality back in the 80's and early 90's. I bought some of their glass parts back in the day and it was a lot of work to get their stuff to fit and look remotely decent. If they are using the same molds (as you stated) my guess is there are no quality improvements. I wouldn't think of buying from them ever again.

my $0.02 cents

:glasses7:

They are the old molds but they have been repairing and improving them as they go. Yes quality suffered back then but they want to improve that. My front clip will be ready in the morning and I will ask all your questions.

i am also interested in how much a hemi or a six pac pindown hood would cost for a 67 barracuda

Would be very interested in a 6pak hood for the 70-72 duster if reasonably priced.

What all molds are available? Would be interested in most anything that would fit a 1970 Dodge Dart. Especially if you got an entire front end for $350!

I have been talking to the molding company that made all the fiberglass front ends, hoods, scoops and spoilers for M.A.S. back in the 80s. They still have the molds and are interested in making more stuff if I can show them there is interest. My one piece 1967 barracuda front end will be $350.00 for example. Any takers please let me know.

Cool, but how can they do it that cheap?

you should tell the company to drop an ad on here ....they would probably get a lot of response

what company did you say that you were talking to?

hmmm old molds? Molds tend to warp and lose spec after a few hundred uses...

MAS stuff sucked back in the 90's, I'd only use something they might make if it's an all new mold. You get what you pay for, and if you don't pay, that's what you get. I myself am leary until a lot has been made and recommended.

I'd take a crappy one piece front end as long as its cheap enuff...I know how to lay fiberglass well enuff to fix one ....just don't want to mold the whole thing

-
Back