[WANTED] M-Code fastback any condition

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've run the M-'cuda registry for the past 6-8 years. I'll have to look, is it in VA.? I will not divulge any info.
Dave

Yes it's here in Strasburg VA. Once you get out of town, the area is rural where it is located. It's sitting outside next to the garage in plain sight.

sent from my iPhone

hey 69383..

well what can i say, i'm sure i was the "***" in the discussions. lawyers seem to default to that mode without thinking and i often get that way during phone conversations with opposing attorneys (and sometimes my clients). when i'm acting jerky around the house, my wife asks me if i'm in "*** mode" ... and if i say yes, then she says that she will just ignore me for a while.

at any rate, i hope i can renew discussions with bb-dave.

That's a good one! Mine 'wife' tells me to go in the garage when I get like that. That's how I am able to get so much done on my cars! I am usually an '***' an in the garage. By myself!#-o

That's a good one! Mine 'wife' tells me to go in the garage when I get like that. That's how I am able to get so much done on my cars! I am usually an '***' an in the garage. By myself!#-o

How does the saying go??? Always be nice to the person who has something you need (or want in this situation).

treblig

hey 69383..

well what can i say, i'm sure i was the "***" in the discussions. lawyers seem to default to that mode without thinking and i often get that way during phone conversations with opposing attorneys (and sometimes my clients). when i'm acting jerky around the house, my wife asks me if i'm in "*** mode" ... and if i say yes, then she says that she will just ignore me for a while.

at any rate, i hope i can renew discussions with bb-dave.

Jim, do you have boys that play (played) ice hockey?

So....

1. Oklacarcollector: keep in touch. maybe you can buy that m-code and then "flip" it to me. i'm ok with you making some money on the deal. and if we can't get together on a price, then you will still have a car that is well worth having.

2. Sammie: when i'm trying to unwind from dealing with "axxhole" lawyers" i go play with the cars. then when i'm trying to run down a non-working electric part i slip into "axxmode" again. but at least i'm in the garage by myself ... so i guess there is no escaping "axxmode!"

3. Treblig: you are SO right.....

4. HemiMark: no, i don't have any kids, only a wife and house full of "her pets" which has essentially turned our house into a "petting zoo."

I know of a basket case M code FB within a few hours of here. It is a project, but all there...drivetrain for the car is in a whole other state. Before BB-Dave asks, it is in the registry.

Owner is a gruff old guy. Won't take pictures. Car has been sitting for some time....

I suspect it used to look like this (this picture is from back in the 80s, if you were wondering. The hair hat and clothes should be a dead giveaway):

69CudaFan...

since you're in san diego (a place i love as i "did time" at Camp Pendleton and hung out in your city and LaHoya ... i.e. LaHoya Cove) i'm hoping the m-code is in CA. that would be great as it may not have too much rust. if you want to try and get more information on this car and the prospect of it being able to be bought, send me a PM here on FABO with your progress. i would be willing to cover some of your expenses for your initial inquiries.
thanks for the beautiful M-Code pic. i have thousands of barracuda pics and i have never seen this pic.
jim c... pittsburgh, pa

The sure way to find a M code,
is to build up a M code recreation with lots of $ into it, and magically
the real deal will appear when you have no money.
(Not my real life story but my Wisdom) or that is how it usually happens.
I have a 383 Cuda and there is a 440 in the shed.

69CudaFan...

since you're in san diego (a place i love as i "did time" at Camp Pendleton and hung out in your city and LaHoya ... i.e. LaHoya Cove) i'm hoping the m-code is in CA. that would be great as it may not have too much rust. if you want to try and get more information on this car and the prospect of it being able to be bought, send me a PM here on FABO with your progress. i would be willing to cover some of your expenses for your initial inquiries.
thanks for the beautiful M-Code pic. i have thousands of barracuda pics and i have never seen this pic.
jim c... pittsburgh, pa

Jim,

The asking price that the guy is demanding is firm is actually quite a bit higher than what BB-Dave initally offered his to you for, and his car is much more complete. I also think that it would look much better finished in white. Not sure why your negotiations fell apart with BB-Dave, but perhaps you can continue to try and work with him. The finished car below has a green interior not a black one, but you get the idea.

download.php

[URL="http://www.thebaycitymotorcompany.com/sites/inventory/Cars/C0000123/1969%20Plymouth%20'Cuda%20M%20Code%20(9)%20(Custom).JPG"][URL="http://www.thebaycitymotorcompany.com/sites/inventory/Cars/C0000123/1969%20Plymouth%20'Cuda%20M%20Code%20(9)%20(Custom).JPG"][/URL][/URL]

Jim,

The asking price that the guy is demanding is firm is actually quite a bit higher than what BB-Dave initally offered his to you for, and his car is much more complete. I also think that it would look much better finished in white. Not sure why your negotiations fell apart with BB-Dave, but perhaps you can continue to try and work with him. The finished car below has a green interior not a black one, but you get the idea.

download.php

[URL="http://www.thebaycitymotorcompany.com/sites/inventory/Cars/C0000123/1969%20Plymouth%20'Cuda%20M%20Code%20(9)%20(Custom).JPG"][URL="http://www.thebaycitymotorcompany.com/sites/inventory/Cars/C0000123/1969%20Plymouth%20'Cuda%20M%20Code%20(9)%20(Custom).JPG"][/URL][/URL]

anyone know if the m codes had a shroud on the radiator?

Yes it should have a 614 shroud !

65 Dartman...

i got BB-Dave mad at me a couple of months ago because he and i had been talking about me buying his m-code and then mike from ontario (2darts) told me about an m-code up there. i do not know if Dave would be willing to agree to sell his m-code to me again but i don't want to start talking to him again and then back out. i'm not that kind of person and buyer.

is there any way you could see if there is a chance the m-code in starasburg might be for sale? again, i'll be happy to pay you something reasonable for your time and effort. i think that car is closer to me than where Dave lives and i would save a bit on shipping.

i am going to make a decision soon on a car because i'd like to start on it this winter.

thanks again.
jc - "steel town"

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back