M/T ET street S/S. VS. Nitto NT555R

-

dgully

Reaction score
Looking at upgrading tires on my 69 Dart (276 60 R15) 90% street driven. Been comparing the two tire brands and cant seem to make up my mind. Or is there another tire I should look at.

Thank you

I had near all the drag radials on the go and found the nitto's the best for me ...great hook ..good on the wet pavement and last 3x's longer than it's closest competitor and they corner very good .

They are nice on the street, but for a high torque drag car I don't think they hook as well as some of the others. I have them on my cuda, and am having traction issues I haven't been able to solve yet, and may have to go to another brand. Then again my stroker makes over 600 lb/ft of torque.

I have cutters up front too, Just curious. Ill check jegs out

Not sure if mines been modified, but that's the size of tire on it right now, if I turn hard and hit a bump they rub slightly

For the front of a street driven car I (and alot of others) run Nexen 155/80R15s.

I run the M/T ET streets on my car. They hook good, but they do not do well in the wet, nor do they get good tread life.

I've owned both and the Mickeys hook much better at the track. But if you are 90% street you will probably be happy with the Nittos

Just my experience, about .15-.20 60 foot difference between Nitto's and Mickey's and yes that is a helluva lot! The Nitto's work GREAT in the rain but I still pulled them off and sold them. They also run SMALLER than the Mickey's for a given size. I am talking 1/2 narrower tread and a shorter sidewall. Match the 275/60/15's side by side and you will see.

Well decided to go with the Nitro's, found them cheapest at Walmart free shipping. I will let everyone know how they run on the car.
Thanks for the opinions

Ok so installed the new nitto's, took her out for a spin, previous tires Cooper Cobra's same size... 275 60 R15... And now have a slight rub, ugh!!! Back off and see where's she's rubbing.. I guess bend and cut fender lip. I have minimum 1/2 clearance on the inside springs

I noticed too that I have Yukon axles... Going to research them..

-
Back