M1 Single Plane Thermostat Housing

-

Mad Dart

Nothing to see Here!
Reaction score
I just noticed that the M1 I am going to run on the 410 that I have been working on has a small thermostat housing and a smaller thermostat opening in the manifold........

Does someone know where to get the smaller housing and thermostat that will fit this manifold????

Louis I'm not positive but I believe that is the one that's used on the newer magnum engines. Have you checked Mancini's? I bet if you call them they can fix you up.

Louis I'm not positive but I believe that is the one that's used on the newer magnum engines. Have you checked Mancini's? I bet if you call them they can fix you up.

I checked mancini's site but nothing......I will call them in the morning.

Trying like heck to get this thing done and in the car. Worked out most of the issues and parts are on the way...........Head gaskets for the heads were a nightmare!!! Just minor stuff left but that is where I loose my patience!

Tracy,

I am pretty sure you are correct, kind of weird I had the heads dual drilled for the LA intake and I have to use Magnum Intake bolts and Water neck set up on it........weird!!

Yeah I know what you mean about the small stuff can be the biggest pain. If you call Mancini's ask for Wes. That's who I deal with cause he seems to be real knowledgeable.

BTW: What rocker arms did you go with? I was planning on using a set of comp Pro magnums I bought NIB cheap and then adding a stud girdle. But... friday when i was at Monster Mopar I stopped by Hughes engines booth and they had on display a new style set of arms that use a tie bar to connect 2 rockers together and bolt down solid to the head like the stock pedestal magnums do. The adjuster is on the pushrod end like LA rockers are are. They looked super nice and the advantage for me is not having to have a custom spacer made to jack up the valve covers for clearance. Also you don't have to have pushrod guide plates with them. A little pricey at $450 but in the long run not much more than the other route. Hughes doesn't have them listed yet but here's a link to a set of Harland Sharps on Summit's site that work the same way. The Harland's have a real small diameter tie bar but Hughes set has a nice meaty tie bar about 3/8~1/2" o.d.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CSP-SLS18/

Tracy,

I am pretty sure you are correct, kind of weird I had the heads dual drilled for the LA intake and I have to use Magnum Intake bolts and Water neck set up on it........weird!!

Yeah that is odd. Probably something stupid that came about when Daimler owned Mopar. I know the older M1's weren't that way.

-
Back