vynn3

Reaction score
From slantsix.org:

Rayman440
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:20 pm
Post subject: PP&R / AUSSIESPEED INTAKE RELEASE DATE...AND TEASER SHOT

Hi folks,

Release schedule for the all new Slant 6 long-runner intake is Late April 2008... we have been trying to keep it under wraps until all pre-casting issues have been resolved.

I have provided links below for manifold options for those who wish to pre-order & I can also advise that this intake will be available in the following flange patterns :

2-BARREL
http://www.pentastarparts.com.au/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2556

4-BARREL
http://www.pentastarparts.com.au/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2555

BLOWER (EATON M90)
http://www.pentastarparts.com.au/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2557

I have received pricing on shipping to the US, prices are as follows :
AIRMAIL (7-10 Days) : $125 AUD
SEAMAIL (4-6 Weeks) : $75 AUD

Please be advised that a seperate water heated plenum adaptor will be made available in the near future as an optional extra. Thank you all for your support of our new products, we look forward to your feedback.

I WANT one. :)

That looks nice, makes me want to go get a slant six so I could put that on one. I found a decent looking Valiant with a slant six for not that much, now if I only had a place to store it.

That looks nice, makes me want to go get a slant six so I could put that on one. I found a decent looking Valiant with a slant six for not that much, now if I only had a place to store it.

You can store it at MY house, in Dallas... as long as I get to drive it! :) :) :)

Does anyone know how much hp gain around it would give you? I know everyone has a diff combo but if you could give me a rough good guess thats good enough for me. Just curious.

It's something you would have to consider as a package. But I'd expect it to give you typical smallblock levels of power and torque.

The only thing i hope they have intigrated is a way to support the manifold, thats alot of weight hanging way out there! Looks like a fun project the super chargers should be easy to find in a local junk yard.

Blkarrow, well I picked up my turbo yesterday, I'll be taking pics and start a running post when I get started ( $40 for the turbo, manifold flange and the downpipe). I'm only going for about 5-7lbs of boost for my first try. we'll see.

wicked, I'll second the junkyard finds, I found 2 just last weekend from 3.8 thunder-chickens and there is one on craigslist around here.

What size turbo did you get? I'm not sure I buy into Mike's idea to use a turbo that's sized for a smaller engine. I used to run a Mitsubishi TE04H on a slant - it would spool up at 1,500 RPM to 10 psi of boost, and run out of breath by 3,000 RPM. Not good, particularly with an automatic.

I picked up a tc05 off of a 2.6 conquest/starion. I've got a long way to go but at least I'm on the way. I'm not so sure I agree with mike either but I'm not sure that I'm even qualified to disagree :). I've done tons of looking and in some cases, the same turbo housing is used on anything from a 2.0 to a 3.8, now I understand that the wheels would be different, but... I digress. anyway its going to be a while before I get into it, but I can say that I have modest goals in mind as the little leaner will already burn the tires off the line. It's just neat!

BTW my stock /6 wont rev past 4k in 1st and 2nd and that is with my foot pushing through the floor.

That's a bit better than the turbo I was using, although I think a larger turbo would be better. The itty bitty one I had was probably at its peak efficiency at 2,000 RPM. I've gone off the opposite end of lunacy with my buildup now, using an 82 mm large frame Garrett.

From slantsix.org:

I WANT one. :)

This is the thing that made me build a slant 6 insted of a 360.

Can you imagine pulling up at a car show with a supercharged slant and all those chebby guys going "wtf mate."
Priceless.:-D

The length of the runners will probley not work with the power brake cars from amarica, they look longer than the hyper pak runners. I might have to try this on my dart when i get to it.

Blkarrow, well I picked up my turbo yesterday, I'll be taking pics and start a running post when I get started ( $40 for the turbo, manifold flange and the downpipe). I'm only going for about 5-7lbs of boost for my first try. we'll see.

wicked, I'll second the junkyard finds, I found 2 just last weekend from 3.8 thunder-chickens and there is one on craigslist around here.

So any progress on your project? I think that it is a neat thing to do, especially if if can increase mpg! I might have to go to my junk yard soon to find a turbo!

So any progress on your project? I think that it is a neat thing to do, especially if if can increase mpg! I might have to go to my junk yard soon to find a turbo!

Don't worry, I'll start the post when I have something cool to say. I'll be rebuilding the turbo to start with and you should see the post in a couple of weeks, but I will say that it will be a MILD (5-8lbs) setup with a stock motor and blow through on 2bbl carter with the option of being able to revert to stock if something goes wrong. I've been in the process of gathering parts (spare carb, fuel pump) ooops I've said too much already.. :lol:

I don't know that I "expect" an increase in mileage, but if I can keep it within 1-2 mpg AND get some more ponies I'll be more than happy

-
Back