Machine shops

-

GeorgeH

Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations for a reputable machine shop in the Eastern shore Md/De area. I'm not getting alot of positive feed back for the two shops in this area I'm aware of.

I trust my shop in NJ, but he's had it for two full years now! I knew that he was a one man shop and that it would take some time, but damn!

1/8 mile track right down the road , I know these guys are using somebody. I'm new to this area so I'm hoping someone will chime in.

Hey George. I got a couple of guys nearby me in the Annapolis area. PM me

Listen, I use Wrights auto parts (NAPA) in Milford. They have done 4 of my engines and do really good work. Joe, is an old guy and has never led me wrong. He will not do something that is not needed. He always jokes at me for bringing him in another dammed Chrysler engine and I should have kept the last one he did for me.
I trust them, there and they have done A-LOT to help me out.

Bub Whitaker
Burtonsville Performance Machine Service
Auto Machine Shop
Address: 5210 Minnick Road, Laurel, MD 20707
Phone (301) 490-3131

One of the best on the East coast

Gil still has your engine? Wow, he does need a helper.

Yes he does still have it. He sure does need a helper, but he won't get one. I didn't ask him why, but it's probably due to the weak economy. I know that he's worked on it. Finished the .040 bore. Found some valve stems were rotted. Already polished the crank and ordered new rods. He,s got everything (when the rods are in) to send out the rotating assembly for balancing. Getting close.:protest:

Yes he does still have it. He sure does need a helper, but he won't get one. I didn't ask him why, but it's probably due to the weak economy. I know that he's worked on it. Finished the .040 bore. Found some valve stems were rotted. Already polished the crank and ordered new rods. He,s got everything (when the rods are in) to send out the rotating assembly for balancing. Getting close.:protest:

One of the things I was looking for is, one stop shopping/ full service , one of my locals quoted $400+ for a balance job due to shipping across the bridge. I'd rather get in my truck and go myself.

-
Back