machine shops

-
not to be smart /what are looking to do ?? I know of a guy down by me(12051) TLC automotive (518) 291-4346 does head work (cutting)/guides/valve jobs... but most NAPA's send their stuff to Syracuse.

I had the honor to visit "Old Mans Mopar's" son's shop in PA not a bad day trip my 360 roller cam block will be getting their blessing !!

They are mopar family/I would rather have all my work done in one place that cares than a chevy guy that doesnt care !!

your already in the hole for a few thousands//whats a day trip ?

Carlisle, PA is July 9th :)

Last edited:
In my area machine shops are not that popular due to the fact that tracks have been closing up and you can order a create engine for less than rebuilding and have a warranty too. I believe that it's a Napa store not far from me but they don't do 3 angle valve jobs anymore because of the time involved and not much call for it anymore. A lot of the part stores don't turn brake drums or rotors as we are going more towards throwing things away, it's sad but true

not to be smart /what are looking to do ?? I know of a guy down by me(12051) TLC automotive (518) 291-4346 does head work (cutting)/guides/valve jobs... but most NAPA's send their stuff to Syracuse.

I had the honor to visit "Old Mans Mopar's" son's shop in PA not a bad day trip my 360 roller cam block will be getting their blessing !!

They are mopar family/I would rather have all my work done in one place that cares than a chevy guy that doesnt care !!

your already in the hole for a few thousands//whats a day trip ?

Carlisle, PA is July 9th :)

thanks for the reply..Im looking to get engine bored..decked..line bore and magnafluxed

thanks for the reply..Im looking to get engine bored..decked..line bore and magnafluxed
make the trip ! PM him/ MAYBE "oldman mopar " can give some guidence

The machine shop 'm dealing with the guy is slow... had my heads 6 weeks now...Ill be dead before I get this engine together...:lol:

yea thats normal unforunatly...Im hearing bad results on some of the machine shops around.

In my area machine shops are not that popular due to the fact that tracks have been closing up and you can order a create engine for less than rebuilding and have a warranty too. I believe that it's a Napa store not far from me but they don't do 3 angle valve jobs anymore because of the time involved and not much call for it anymore. A lot of the part stores don't turn brake drums or rotors as we are going more towards throwing things away, it's sad but true
yep I agree

I know the poster PHR is across the border in Vermont. He may be aware of shops to recommend nearby he may deal with

-
Back