machine work 3rd gen hemi

-

1qwikScamp

Reaction score
im having trouble finding a machine shop around my area (chattanooga TN) that i trust to do any work on my hemi can anyone help i am willing to travel a couple hundred miles if need be

contact stu at inertia motorsports. Heis in tx but can set you up right. What are you looking to have done? He will be sleeving a block for me eventuall allong with o ringing the block and heads for a high boost(20 to 30psi range) turbo motor that I am planning in a few years.

I'd get in touch with the diyautotune guys. They probably know of a few good shops in the area- they're in suwanee, ga. Here's their contact page.

http://www.diyautotune.com/company_profile.htm

If you're interested in shipping, hemidup is sharadon performance, who's been in the hemi scene as long as anybody. Or, I could probably hook you up with the guy I'll be using in Houston.

i plan on having the block bored like .020 or as little as possible, cleaned line honed and new cam brgs

at a minimum not matter where you chooseto go, please ask if they have a tq plate to bore the cyl with. That way the bore will be nice and square after the heads are installed. I know that not many shops will have one, because they are expensive, and not many people mess with building the hemi. It's a mod motor and designed to be scrapped if there is an issue. The hot rodders in us are the crazy ones who build up something that was ment to be disposable. But who wants to be like everyone else and remain stock. Stock is boring.........

exactly why im looking for a good reputable shop that has the tooling and all that goes with it to do my engine correctly and i agree tottaly stock is boring

-
Back