machining standard Bell to OD bell

-

grjammer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a good guesstimate of what it would cost to machine a standard bell to accept an OD A833?

75-150 bucks depending on your location.
Easier just to find the right bell.

I have the bell you want, aluminum. I'm in Afghanistan right now but will be home first week in Nov.

If you have the 4.80 register hole in your current bellhousing you can run the bearing retainer from a 70 or later heavy duty 4 speed with the 308 input shaft bearing. Same bearing the O/D trans uses. If you have the 4.30 register you may as well buy the O/D bell.

I don't have a bell housing yet, I am getting that I cant use an undersize bearing retainer, and that I can machine a smaller hole in a bell housing to the larger OD retainer size. but cost would be easier to just get a bell with the correct hole.

I don't have a bell housing yet, I am getting that I cant use an undersize bearing retainer, and that I can machine a smaller hole in a bell housing to the larger OD retainer size. but cost would be easier to just get a bell with the correct hole.

Since you don't have a bell housing I would agree it would be easier to get the correct one to start with.

getting a hook up for some parts, thanks for info guys, helps out a lot. guess ill start working on the floors to get ready for the hump install.

Look at post #7. There is absolutely zero need to machine anything. Mopar made SIX different bearing retainers. There's one that will bolt on and work for you.

Just turn down the OD bearing retainer. If you mess up the hole location on the bell it will be difficult to correct it.

-
Back