Mack cruise liner

-

Dart_Doctor

Asa style
Reaction score
This will be my 1st big rig kit hope yall enjoy it's going to be a challenge

20221023_234957.jpg

Great choice! A classic the Golden Age of Trucking. Back when almost everything in a Mack was manufactured in the Mack factory.

Stole my thunder, was gonna post about starting this kit, my first big rig, took a look inside and wow, lots o' parts.

1666714259467.png

Trucks are easy! :lol: There's more pieces, but you can paint many of them in assemblies, where as cars seem to need every piece painted separately. I have neither of those cab overs, I should start building the kits I have, so I can justify buying new ones!

Trucks are easy! :lol: There's more pieces, but you can paint many of them in assemblies, where as cars seem to need every piece painted separately. I have neither of those cab overs, I should start building the kits I have, so I can justify buying new ones!
I'm finding it much harder actually but im a maker at hart so I'm enjoying the challenge. Now the trick is going to be to scale up my weathering skills to fit this big model lol and yes get your self one I've been putting this kit off since March of 2020. It's been on my self that long lol

Here's what I've got so far . I would like to shout out my two good pals Karl and Rob you both are posting in every build lol just know I see yall lol

I did that Freightliner back in the late 1970's.

yes get your self one I've been putting this kit off since March of 2020. It's been on my self that long lol
These haven't moved in the two years I've been here, neither have the stacks of totes on the opposite wall. I need to get building, and set up a spray booth.

PXL_20221026_161629351.jpg

Today's progress this thing dose not fall together. Alot of sanding ,filing and fitting. The instructions are poor as well

20221027_200909.jpg

20221027_203004.jpg

20221027_203404.jpg

20221028_005902.jpg

20221028_043418.jpg

20221028_044110.jpg

I'm putting the one on the back burner. I don't have the paint I want want for it. Wating on payday .

Does anyone know what happened to all the COE big rigs? back in the seventies they were all over the highways. Now? I haven’t seen one in decades.

Does anyone know what happened to all the COE big rigs? back in the seventies they were all over the highways. Now? I haven’t seen one in decades.
I still see one occasionally. Driver was the first one to the scene in an accident.

Here's what I've got so far . I would like to shout out my two good pals Karl and Rob you both are posting in every build lol just know I see yall lol
Haha! I like your model building prowess. I never had the long suffering.

I can give you a tip about making realistic rust. I don't know how ratty you wanna go with this.....maybe you can save it and use it on something else. I use this in the model railroad world.

-
Back