Made #1 qualifier Saturday in a 7.00 index race.

-

flyfish

C8H18+N2O = :-D
Reaction score
Ran at Brown County Dragway (Indiana) this weekend for a 7.00 index race. This was the first race I had been to in a long time where I really NEEDED to DRIVE the car down the track. The track surface was bumpy, traction was sketchy, the shut down area was SHORT, and the lanes were REALLY skinny....all in all, a LOT of fun!! The car was moving around the lane so much that I never looked at my tach, had to shift by sound....heck, I almost had both hands on the wheel!

Anyway, I added weight to my car and made #1 qualifier with a 7.01...and a lost in the semi final when my carb took a crap on me (needle and seat problem).

Oh, well, it was a good time at a "different" track, just thought I would share. :D

It cool when you come home and your still amped up about the race a couple days later. Sounds like a good time.

I like index racing...or I should say, my car likes index racing. I wish we had more of it around here. On a 0.500 pro tree, my worst light of the day (except when the carb crapped out on me) was a 0.022. I wish could be that consistent on a sportsman tree (foot braking) :D

Not too much, because the track was....well....bad, to say the least and the air was hot and humid. Front bumper (33 lbs) came off, and about 50 lbs went in the trunk.

There is a series of racing within 75 miles of me called vamp racing the faster classes are 7.10 6.40 5.90 I think. I dont think I could slow to the 7.10 with the stick in my new car and do any good. I'm sure the 6.40 is out of reach lol. Maybe time for auto and 378ci.

Man you Have some very BIG Ball's to go to brown county....WOW.. My hat is off to you. LOL......... I Had a friend that was down at brown county. He was in a blue green olds very slow car , he said the track was in very bad shape.. this is his car or the one he is playing with now..

Attachments

• user16052_pic6658_1342575144_thumb.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 135
-
Back