Made in USA?

-

Marcohotrod

Reaction score
looking for a couple of new front P215/65R 15 tires made in usa, no problem? went to the local chain-town fair tire-told the guy wanted to see some made in usa. he starts tapping on the computer, I ask if where they are made is listed and he does not answer. go to the first tire and they are made in Chile-he says they are distributed in usa, just the rubber is made in Chile. finds a Mastercraft made in usa for $109 plus taxes etc. etc. Has anyone run Mastercraft? any sights list where specific tires are made? Consumer Reports says 40% of tires are made in usa. any suggestions?

for what its worth, my wife is Chilean and....nevermind, this is a family forum

looking for a couple of new front P215/65R 15 tires made in usa, no problem? went to the local chain-town fair tire-told the guy wanted to see some made in usa. he starts tapping on the computer, I ask if where they are made is listed and he does not answer. go to the first tire and they are made in Chile-he says they are distributed in usa, just the rubber is made in Chile. finds a Mastercraft made in usa for $109 plus taxes etc. etc. Has anyone run Mastercraft? any sights list where specific tires are made? Consumer Reports says 40% of tires are made in usa. any suggestions?
i run mastercraft MXTs on my jeep, love them

I just put some Yokohama tires on my truck. They are on the made in USA list, too. I checked before I bought mine and that's where they came from. They are a joint venture between Yokohama of Japan and BF Goodrich. Always have been, right from the start.

Had mastercraft on my daily ranger, had no issues with them. And if it matters to you they make some pretty good smoke clouds as well :)

Cooper and Goodyear are still American Companies... FWIW BFGoodrich is now owned by the French Michelin company.

"A majority of the tires Cooper sells to our market are American made. Goodyear is the only other remaining American tire brand (which includes Kelly Springfield, which is owned by Goodyear). Most Goodyear tires are made in America, too."

"In addition to Avon, Cooper Tire manufactures tires under the associated brand names Dean, Mastercraft and Starfire.[14] Cooper Tire formerly manufactured all tires sold under the Sears Guardsman brand at Sears, Roebuck & Co. stores. Cooper manufactures tires for Discount Tire Company under the Arizonian brand name, and Futura Tires for Pep Boys. Cooper Tire also manufactures Hercules branded tires in Findlay, Ohio."

The only problem I have with Michelin is, the tire tread outlasts the tire carcass. The tires actually dry rot before the tread wears out. That's a good problem to have, but can be dangerous.

I had one blow out on the way to work back on Mother's Day. They were all about the same age and all had dry rot checking on the sidewalls, so it was a matter of time.

Buying American is a great thing, but extremely difficult. I make large purchases like tires based on reviews.

-
Back