Made some bling for the radiator

-

stansblue72

one of one 1953 ME!
Legendary Member
Reaction score
My Son-in-law installed a aluminum radiator in his dart and decided to make something to cap the top with to make it look a little better.

Here's what it looked like before.

Motor%20002.jpg

I had some aluminum sheeting laying around so he designed it and we cut it out on the CNC. He still need to polish it and we are trying to figure out how to fix it to the radiator so it can be removed if needed.
Here's what he came up with.
radiator%20plate%20005.jpg

Nice....some color inlay on the 360 possibly.......only drawback will be the 7 stitches in the elbow.

We're trying to figure out how to attach it. Might have to go buy myself a metal brake to bend a lip on it.

any reason to buy more tools is a good reason:cheers: looks real good8)

very neat! Clean, clean car!!!!!!!!!!! Got more pics of it? What are the specs on the engine?

WOW!!!! That is beautiful! I am now suffering from a huge case of engine compartment envy!!!!:love4::love4:

Good job and looks great on there, I bet the flame tips keep peoples hands away from the fan blade. Nicely dun for sure, Yep I have it to She Devil =P~

very neat! Clean, clean car!!!!!!!!!!! Got more pics of it? What are the specs on the engine?

Here is the link to the pictures of the build, the motor is a 360 with a Roller cam.
http://picasaweb.google.com/larry.zerr/71DodgeDart#

There are even pictures of what happens when you get the car 99% done take it for a test drive and forget to tighten the lug nuts up on the left rear wheel.](*,)

So now we are back to doing some painting. Larry pulled one of the hood scoops off and painted it body color. Also thinking of painting the bumpers body color. There black now and can't afford to get them chromed right now.
Anyway here what the scoop looks like.

74 dart 032.jpg

That is trick looking and the 360 callout should be filled in w/ red paint or powder 8).

You could also make a new piece that goes all the way across the radiator to the fenders that has room for the radiator cap, I have seen it done before and it looks pretty clean, makes you look at the motor more!

looks slick.....I would either powder the shroud to match body color and have the call out in silver or polish the shroud and do the call out in body color....either way it looks neat and different

-
Back