Magical oil leak

-
I'll grab some dye and try it out as well.. I did buy a cheap little borescope for my tablet.. So i'll test it out and see how well it works when I get it.

Hope it works better than the one I bought, if so, post what it is and what software you used.

FWIW- lots of leaks end up on the bellhousing. It took three cans of brake cleaner to find out my valve covers were still leaking.
I never used anything but dry gaskets, the thick Felpro fiber ones.I had good luck for a long time, and then they leaked. Now I am using the old school orange rubber Felpros, but it took some black Felpro RTV to seal the corners up.

I have heard all PCV's aren't created equal. I have a factory looking one on there, but no idea if it's working right, besides it rattles when you shake it, or the right size. Running a breather on the other side.

20170810_100828.jpg

Hope it works better than the one I bought, if so, post what it is and what software you used.

FWIW- lots of leaks end up on the bellhousing. It took three cans of brake cleaner to find out my valve covers were still leaking.
I never used anything but dry gaskets, the thick Felpro fiber ones.I had good luck for a long time, and then they leaked. Now I am using the old school orange rubber Felpros, but it took some black Felpro RTV to seal the corners up.

I have heard all PCV's aren't created equal. I have a factory looking one on there, but no idea if it's working right, besides it rattles when you shake it, or the right size. Running a breather on the other side.

View attachment 1715081177
Luckily the engine is brand new and everything is pretty clean so tracking oil is relatively easy. I also run my finger around the spots I can't see to check for wetness. It's really irritating. I hate leaks.

Well... finally pulled the engine to upgrade some stuff and fix the oil leak... pulled the flexplate and dry as a bone. Not. A. Trace. Upon inspection with the engine out it looks like the ONLY oil is right at the back of the oil pan. Which is new with new gaskets and new rear main seal. How do I get that rubber to seal up on the pan?

-
Back