Magnum 360 brackets questions

-

65MagnumFish

65MagnumFish
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I know this is waaay over done on questions about engine brackets but I have been spending a lot of time trying to find the information that I know is on here without success. I have early A body brackets made based off of a V8 1965 model like the ones on year one and mancini. I am going from a slant 6 to a V8 magnum in my 1965 Barracuda. Here is the questions:
1. I wondered if anyone had a pic that showed the added ear for the original brackets for the Magnum 360?
2. Also which bracket goes on what side? I have the square brackets with the hole in the middle going on the left side/drivers?

Shoot...I wonder if I have the wrong designed brackets. Here they are:
upload_2021-6-1_18-7-27.jpeg

Being aftermarket brackets, they may not LOOK identical to the factory ones, the main thing is that they locate the engine correctly. It appears in your pictures that the squarish one is pass. side already modified/made with a fourth bolt hole, and the other is driver's side.
One thing I would definitely do, after final mockup; is finish welding those brackets- it looks like they're just tacked in the corners. That'll never fly.

Being aftermarket brackets, they may not LOOK identical to the factory ones, the main thing is that they locate the engine correctly. It appears in your pictures that the squarish one is pass. side already modified/made with a fourth bolt hole, and the other is driver's side.
One thing I would definitely do, after final mockup; is finish welding those brackets- it looks like they're just tacked in the corners. That'll never fly.
You are the man. Thank you. I thought they were other way around so thanks for confirming the sides. I understand now the location of each. My friend did just tack them. We will go forward. Thanks again.

I can send you a copy of the Schumacher instructions if you need them.
I figured it out. Also the printout went perfectly. My friend cut them and tomorrow he is going to weld them up. It’s a grand slam. Thanks again for sending me the items. Also the deck lid is awesome.

I figured it out. Also the printout went perfectly. My friend cut them and tomorrow he is going to weld them up. It’s a grand slam. Thanks again for sending me the items. Also the deck lid is awesome.
That’s great! I saw your questions and tried to remember if I got enough info to you, good to hear it’s moving in the right direction.

That’s great! I saw your questions and tried to remember if I got enough info to you, good to hear it’s moving in the right direction.
Yes you have been awesome, I was going to ask you but you helped me so much already. Installing cam and heads and a lot of other parts early next week.

By the way I also saw the pictures of the mounts and they look great you have done a great job with a Mylar tracing and measurements.

-
Back