Magnum carb intake install.

-
yeah that intake will work it has both mounting provisions so it will bolt to the la or the magnum kind of nice in case you decide to change motors later back to the la. i dont think there is anything else if its a whole magnum engine already is it going in an a body or something else older cause then you wouldnt need any throttle cables or anything good luck Justin

Yes, that is the one.

Its a good intake, reguardless of what the haters might tell you.

Just make sure to put some RTV around the water ports and you'll be fine. And don't over tighten and resist the urge to go more than 144 inch lbs of torque. I re-torqued mine after 6 months because the bolts "just seemed loose". I learned my lesson after changing the oil a few times and replacing the gaskets...144 in lbs is enough. I'm sure that would go for any intake on the Magnum heads.

I am using one and have close to 20K miles on it. Works good with my la/magnum hybred.

BTW, i didn't use any RTV except at the junction of the intake gaskets to the end gaskets and have had no leak issues at all.

I never had any sealing issues when it was on my 1994 production Magnum engine. My friend now runs this intake on his (my old) 1972 Dodge Challenger with an LA 360 ith no problems either.

dgc333 - Was there a large improvement from the LA to Magnum heads when you switched them on your LA bottom end?
Did you run LA heads than swap or build the engine with the Magnum heads?

Did you use custom pushrods and or MP ones made for the swap?

My father has been running a supercharged mid 70's 360 with a small 177 B&M supercharger and a 484" lift cam (114*) and a 4-speed manual transmission. I have two extra sets of factory 'Magnum' heads and a set of Mopar Performance Magnum 'R/T' heads (1.96" Intake). I have been trying to convice him to do the swap to the R/T heads but he is reluctant for some reason.

I would think being supercharged this would be like night and day from his stock heads...

-
Back