magnum computer

-

rbkt65

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
gathering stuff to help cousin put a 5.9 magnum in a dart. will be using 904/999 low gear set and possibly the stock fuel inj. what company are you folks using to reprogram the pcm? tia. rick w.

You can also do it yourself with an sct handheld programmer (very limited) or with hptuners which now supports jtec (very advanced).

You can also do it yourself with an sct handheld programmer (very limited) or with hptuners which now supports jtec (very advanced).

FYI, the newest MVPI3 doesn’t currently support the JTEC controllers. No idea if support will be added later, only that it doesn’t right now. The MVPI2 and MVPI2+ still does.

Anyone out there that can go into a JTEC controller and delete portions of the software?? Like Catalyst monitors, EVAP controls.

IMG_3702.JPG

Hmmm honestly I thought Ryan had that capability. It’s not a matter of deleting the software. You just set the parameters to a range that they are never active. Browse around the hp tuners JTEC forums. There is a lot of info there. Maybe post your same question on that forum. On my Silverado, (turbocharged 8.1 tuned with hp tuners) I have some functions “turned off”, like rear o2 sensors, and EGR. It can be done.

Roughly $400+- for the hardware and then you have to buy credits to be able to tune different vehicles.

Well then THAT one is a dead issue, LOL (I'm sure it's cheap enough if you are gonna do 2 or 3 or 30)

Well then THAT one is a dead issue, LOL (I'm sure it's cheap enough if you are gonna do 2 or 3 or 30)
I don’t know, if you’re going to try and stay with a stock ecu, for trans, gauges, etc, it’s really the only option. Although the Holley terminatorx now runs the magnum stuff and can control a 46re. This is likely the route I’ll take when I get to finishing my dart.

I don’t know, if you’re going to try and stay with a stock ecu, for trans, gauges, etc, it’s really the only option. Although the Holley terminatorx now runs the magnum stuff and can control a 46re. This is likely the route I’ll take when I get to finishing my dart.

The universal will run a magnum but you’ll have to do something for the crank trigger. There’s no setting for a 8x crank trigger. You can run a dual sync distributor or do what I did and run a 36-1 off the front of the balancer.

HOLLEY can now control a 46RE???????????????? THIS IS NEWS TO ME!!!! IF what you say is true (I'm heading for Google) then, YEH!

Looks like, though, that is ONLY for the super duper Terminator X etc etc at ?? over 1200 bucks for the computer.

-
Back