magnum flywheel

-

mopar420

Reaction score
im looking for a little help im putting a 318 magnum in my a body but want to run my 833 where can i find a fly wheel to match! Im running a procharger set up on this car and need a good flywheel and clutch set up any help would be great!

I like the centerforce dual friction Clutch and pressure plate. It has easy pedal and grabs hard. The Flywheel will have to be determined if the 318 Magnum is externally or internally balanced and how many bolts on the crank flange (that I do not know). 440 source sells a billet steel for a good price. Mshred told me about, heck of a good deal.

I would think you could just order one for a Dakota or Ram pickup that had the 5.2 5spd.

Magnum uses 143 tooth vs 130 for LA with 833. Big question, are you using FI or carb?

I'm using a regular internally balanced LA 6 bolt flywheel on my 318 Magnum with 833. Stock replacement clutch and pressure plate too.
Edit: LA starter as well.
-Jon

Im going with a carb on this set up at this time! im goin to run a procharger on this with about 10lbs of boost! i might at a later date upgrage and run FI but not at this time!

like highway star says, check out the 440 source peice. Cant be beat for the money. In my opinion any performance build where you are actually going to rev the engine up quite a bit it is cheap insurance to step up to a billet steel or aluminum peice, since the stock style cast have a tendency to come apart at anything over 6k....i say if you like your feet, 99 bucks aint a bad price to pay lol...and that is 6 bolt by the way

-
Back