Magnum gaskets

-

modart440

Reaction score
just putting together a 5.9 with Eddy Magnum heads. Looking for recommendations on what intake gaskets everyone is using(looking at the Eddy 7277 going to use the Fel Pro 0s34409r 1 piece oil pan gasket. How about head gaskets ,I'm not worried about raising the compression, Running LA front on it.
thanks

Hey modart440, I believe Edelbrock recommends gaskets for your heads. I would go with there recommendation. The FelPro gaskets are better suited for cast block/head combination. IMO

Eddy 7277 sealed fine on my build.
I used Fel-Pro 519SD for head gaskets.

Modart, use Summits search to narrow down a gasket thickness and bore size for your application.
Cometic did mine. Pricey but exactly what I wanted. Custom sizes available.

Modart, use Summits search to narrow down a gasket thickness and bore size for your application.
Cometic did mine. Pricey but exactly what I wanted. Custom sizes available.
Used the .028" Mr Gasket thins, on mine.... Need to vice it ,some street time.. Coming soon...

I noticed these are specifically for the magnum engine, do you think there would be a cooling issue because the ports are smaller? I have a set of steel shims that are like this and wasnt sure they would work.

Jake

I noticed these are specifically for the magnum engine, do you think there would be a cooling issue because the ports are smaller? I have a set of steel shims that are like this and wasnt sure they would work.

Jake

Steel is not recommended for aluminum surfaces so if you have aluminum heads or intake don't use those.
The Felpro gaskets work really well for intakes.
On the 1121g the surfaces better be straight, but otherwise you should be fine.

Steel is not recommended for aluminum surfaces so if you have aluminum heads or intake don't use those.
The Felpro gaskets work really well for intakes.
On the 1121g the surfaces better be straight, but otherwise you should be fine.
I forgot to mention my heads were EQ not aluminum, i assume they would work better in that application?

Jake

Steel or cast heads with a cast intake yes, they would be fine.

I forgot to mention my heads were EQ not aluminum, i assume they would work better in that application?

Jake
Installed EQ's( new not milled), on a medium mileage block.... Been five years,still sealed,tight as a drum.

Edit: They are actually for LA engines, and have a really good, coating to seal. They ARE NOT, pure steel shim...

-
Back