Magnum head chamber size

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
Been looking on here for over an hour and can't find where it says what size the combustion chamber is. Trying to find out so I can start looking at rebuild stuff. It's for a 98 5.9 if that matters. I have several small block building books but they are several thousand miles away. Thanks guys

They are supposed to be 58, but typically actually measure between 63-65 cc.

Ok thanks I was looking at stuff and they were talking about comp ratio with certain chamber sizes. Just wanting to know what I was looking at/for.

Check those magnum heads for cracks before you do anything else.

My motor was low mile and the heads were cracked bad enough to cause serious leakdown issues.

Ok will do. Do you know if they make an aftermarket intake that will accept the factory fuel injection?

The Hughes F1 Magnum intake is the best in the world. We sell them and they work great!

They are supposed to be 58, but typically actually measure between 63-65 cc.

They are all over the place end to end and head to head in any given pair.
It's definitely smart to CC them and match them.

Depends on the casting... if yours are 53006671 (factory 5.9L) they most likely have chambers around 66 cc, the other factory casting (forget the number, came on the 5.2L and was sold as a replacement for both) has around 63 cc. But I agree the only way to know for sure is to CC them yourself...

-
Back