Magnum heads, valve spring question

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
For those of you out there running magnum heads on a LA engine. I have a question regarding the valve springs. Im running a Comp Cams XE268H cam and there recommended springs are the 901-16.

I had a question for Comp and the valve springs came up. I assumed I had there recommended springs installed on my heads, but they told me that the 901-16's will not fit magnums heads.

So curious, as to if any of you are running a similar set up as me and what you used for springs?

Have you called Hughes and talked to them?

Actually I have, I was looking at a cam they had and there recommended springs. When I talked to them, they had springs that would fit my heads.

I guess I didnt really finish my original post.. I was wondering if anyone was actually running the 901-16 springs on magnum heads, with stock stamped rockers. If they do in fact fit or what they found to fit? I tend to think that the engine shop just installed stock springs, but no way to verify with out removing them and testing the spring pressures.

Hope you find the answer; with my Magnum, ended up running the Hughes 1110 with some 2.2L retainers.

-
Back