Magnum Heads

-

Lost Bushman

Rich with Anti-Money
Reaction score
This is the first engine I've built that isn't a stock rebuild, so I have a question...

I've got a 360, .060" over and doing the magnum head conversion. Question is: using the performance parts aluminum intake, would the intake gasket need to be for a magnum motor, or will a standard LA motor gasket do? I need to know so I purchase the correct gaskets the first time.

Edelbrock makes the intake gaskets for the Magnum, which is what you will need to use unless the heads are redrilled with the LA intake pattern. Part number 7277. The stock gasket set comes with the plenum gasket, which you don't need, and is quite a bit more expensive. I got mine from Shucks (Partsamerica.com) and had to order them.

You need to use magnum specific intake gaskets. The holes in the gasket are oblong to work with the vertical mounting bolts. I tried modifying LA gaskets because I had them but they kept slipping when I tried to bolt down the intake.

Plus if you get the magnum intake gaskets they come with a nice steel shim cored rubber gasket for the ends of the intake. These seal better than the cork gaskets that come in LA sets and better than just using silicone.

-
Back