Magnum manifolds on A-body?

-

titan

Reaction score
anyone have first hand knowledge if manifold's off a 2002 Ram 1500 with a 5.9 would work in a '72 Duster with a 360?Thanks,Tom

pass side = dipstick tube adjustment, don't know about filter adapter. driverside = mini starter is a big help, and running pipe around linkage.

This has been discussed quite a bit on here, seriously considering i myself, they're supposed to flow comparable to the HP early manifolds, I also understand that there is little to no fab work needed, just a slight adjustment to the seem where the floorpan meets the firewall.

this was kindof a two part question,I wonder if the shorty headers that replace the manifolds on the Ram pick-up would work then? the main difference would be the space available up around the valve cover,they would dump in the same place. S&S chrome sells a stainless set for around $160.00.and I am certain they would flow better than any manifolds.

the Ram shorty headers I measured looked like they would work on the driver's side but the passenger side would have hit the fenderwell on my '63. later a bodies may have enough room

lawndart360 said:
they're supposed to flow comparable to the HP early manifolds.

This is only true if you get the 92-93 magnum manifolds. 94 and up had a smaller outlet size of 2". The earlier ones had 2-1/4" outlets.

-
Back