-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuda416

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Contact seller
Anyone have you got a roller you upgraded from just sitting around? Nothing crazy but looking to wake our stocker 5.9 and have some fun.

ideally, I'm now looking for the pre-magnum 5.2 cam with .432 lift. Not interested in stock magnum cams, but "mild" aftermarket would be nice. Something I don't need to upgrade springs on just yet.

Last edited:
If you can fid an LA 360 (decent towing upgrade) or LA 318 (strong midrange improvement) hydraulic roller cam you'll be more than happy. I may have one in a an '88 318 I'm going to be tearing down this week coming, I will let you know if you know what I come up with if you're interested and don't com across one locally first. You get a pretty nice improvement with the 1.6:1 ratio increase on the magnum without having to touch the valve springs.

If you can fid an LA 360 (decent towing upgrade) or LA 318 (strong midrange improvement) hydraulic roller cam you'll be more than happy. I have one I'm going to be getting out of a salvage 318 this week coming.

Are you talking about the pre-magnum rollers?

Yes. I'll give you the specs here in a few, got to run an errand really quickly.

C56C6C6A-CFBE-4C2C-AE47-503C60FCF962.jpeg

the 5.9 LA cam becomes .437/.445 and the 5.2 becomes .461 lift. You can factor in about 2-1/2 degrees of extra duration @.050 with the rocker increase. It’s a noticeable improvement, the 5.2 Magnum works especially well with the 5.9LA cam in a heavy vehicle with tall gears. The off idle torque with a crosswind intake and 318 truck manifolds feels like it could wring a driveline out with extreme prejudice when towing with it.

Last edited:
MOPAR DIY small block book from Larry Shepherd. Yes, those are LA pre magnum 1.5 ratio numbers.

That's great! It will well be worth the time and effort to do the changeover.

Junkyard was a bust. Anyone have a stock 5.2 pre magnum cam (.432 @1.5 rr) for sale?

Not a pre Magnum cam, but I still have the stock roller cam from my 95 5.2 Dakota. It's in good shape. Truck had 110,000 on it when I installed a slightly bigger CompCams grind. I still have the stock roller lifters also. You can have both for $50 + shipping if interested.

Not a pre Magnum cam, but I still have the stock roller cam from my 95 5.2 Dakota. It's in good shape. Truck had 110,000 on it when I installed a slightly bigger CompCams grind. I still have the stock roller lifters also. You can have both for $50 + shipping if interested.

Thanks, I'm looking specifically for a pre-magnum roller cam. I appreciate the offer though

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back