Magnum swap 65 Dart, pass. side manifold issues

-

mycuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Between oil filter and torsion bar, steering link, and 4spd bell cast.
No where for exhaust???????

Have temp 2 1/8" flex pipe tack welded to manifold.
All I can figure is use a 90* pipe fitting off manifold but still will interefer with oil filter, with or without adapter? need remote filter set up???:mad:

Thanks.Dave

Between oil filter and torsion bar, steering link, and 4spd bell cast.
No where for exhaust???????

Have temp 2 1/8" flex pipe tack welded to manifold.
All I can figure is use a 90* pipe fitting off manifold but still will interefer with oil filter, with or without adapter? need remote filter set up???:mad:

Thanks.Dave
Dave, I had to run the filter adapter and use the 273 manifolds on my Magnum. I also used the stock cross over pipe off the pass side manifold. Both pipes run back on the drivers side until they get past the transmission cross member then it crosses over and comes down the pass side. Not much room to run a pipe on the pass side past the trans even if you mod the cross member.

Dave, I had to run the filter adapter and use the 273 manifolds on my Magnum. I also used the stock cross over pipe off the pass side manifold. Both pipes run back on the drivers side until they get past the transmission cross member then it crosses over and comes down the pass side. Not much room to run a pipe on the pass side past the trans even if you mod the cross member.

Gotcha yeah I'm just going to do the flex pipe around as close as I can get with an angle piece welded to the manifold to get it above the steering linkage and then little piece of flex pipe and go to 2 and 1/4 and just run that underneath the crossmember won't see it the cars going to be high enough

Thanks for reply.
gotta have 2 pipes.....

Dave

Gotcha yeah I'm just going to do the flex pipe around as close as I can get with an angle piece welded to the manifold to get it above the steering linkage and then little piece of flex pipe and go to 2 and 1/4 and just run that underneath the crossmember won't see it the cars going to be high enough

Thanks for reply.
gotta have 2 pipes.....

Dave
Now that I reread your post it makes sense I might be able to do what you said and run both pipes on the driver side until it clears the trans good idea thanks I'll check it out

-
Back