Magnum valve seals, which are which?

-

MileHighDart

Reaction score
So the full gasket kit I got for my 5.9 includes valve seals. It had two bags of 8 each. 8 are red, and the other 8 are black (the rubber part of the seal). But there's no indication on the bags, which are the intakes, and which are the exhaust. They look identical except for the color.
Any ideas?
I can post a pic of them later tonight.

When you get them from Dodge they're all black there's no color differentiation because They use the same seal on intake and exhaust.

When you get them from Dodge they're all black there's no color differentiation because They use the same seal on intake and exhaust.
Yeah, the old ones I'm taking off all look the same, but the new ones from my Mahle gasket set look like this.

IMG_20170409_173739888.jpg

If you bought a Fel Pro kit, usually numbered on the outside or the box, and on each bag, inside... I haven't done parts in three years, the standards may have changed. I would do the research, trust no one here... ( I did my top end swap, to E.Q. heads, in 2010.... Ordered Perfect Circle valve seals, only... I got factory black ones, work well... Can you post, pictures?... Sure would quicken , your diatribe answers.....

Oops! The ones on the right,are spot on.... The red ones , are new to me... Check the fit, and see what you think... (My dumb phone, is slow uploading, my apologies...)

black = intake
red/brown = exhaust different material to handle heat
I always remove the spring on the exhaust to help the exhaust guide live longer.

black = intake
red/brown = exhaust different material to handle heat
I always remove the spring on the exhaust to help the exhaust guide live longer.
while I was at Oreilles I asked the manager [ a friend of mine] to open a kit and in the kit was all red or brownish colored ones. no black. You're best bet is to call the manufacturer and ask.

-
Back