Magnum water neck and thermostat ?'s

-

rtee007

Deplorable Texan
Reaction score
Bought the JEGS #53252 Billet aluminum water neck for the RPM Air Gap. It is O ring sealed.
So drop the T-stat in and then bolt up the water neck I am going to assume.
Do we really need that T-stat? And will the one that came out of the M1 single plane work in there?
11205171_10205702034382906_9124980849216538950_n.jpg

11204979_10205702090424307_2357438832978889340_n.jpg

Looks like you got the right one. No the M1 from wont' work. I bought a really nice billet part for a LA thinking it would work and it's too big. The o-ring is the best design, no gunk and only a little tight works. Plus you can reuse it.

I have that same thermostat housing, and I just had it off the other day, and thought to myself, that t-stat sure does fit really loose in there. I wonder if I just threw the old t-stat on that I had, and what I really need to do is pick up the right t-stat now. It does fit, but I could see water being able to get around it when closed.

Buying thermostats for a magnum can be a headache. The stat in my Mopar Magnum crate is smaller than the LA one. It's better to go to where you can put your hands on one, than to buy over the internet or phone. Some parts stores still have the la type listed for the magnum and hardly any for the magnum.

It's been a while, but the high flow type, all fit the LA.

You will have a better selection of brands if you look for a chevy t stat. I don't know which chevy motor, just that the chevy ones I've seen, fit the magnum.

Hope this helps.

Updated, I just took the water neck I bought from Jegs and went to Ho Rielys. Looked at 6 stats before the right one came out of the box. Dropped it in, slapped on the O ring and bolted it up. Works perfect.
Thanks for all the help.

temp3_zps1c9x4cd2.jpg

Buying thermostats for a magnum can be a headache. The stat in my Mopar Magnum crate is smaller than the LA one. It's better to go to where you can put your hands on one, than to buy over the internet or phone. Some parts stores still have the la type listed for the magnum and hardly any for the magnum.

It's been a while, but the high flow type, all fit the LA.

You will have a better selection of brands if you look for a chevy t stat. I don't know which chevy motor, just that the chevy ones I've seen, fit the magnum.

Hope this helps.

-
Back