Main Hoop Question

-

stroker416

Destroyer of Legend at C/S Speed LLC
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm putting a 10pt cage from competition engineering in my 68 barracuda notchback. I have a question about the height of the main hoop from the floor to the bottom of the bar. If anybody has done a similar install what are you getting for distance. Also what are you measuring from the top of the bar to the inside of the roof. Mine is tacked in and seems a little short.

Im also wondering about the top hoop and its clearance with drivers head and position in the car. I'm a tall guy 6'5" and it seems like my head might stick out a bit......

I'll post some pics of what i have done tomorrow and some measurements too.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

we have a 68 dart with the same hoop in it... i'll measure it tomarrow and see about pics... should be like an inch from the head liner tho

I put their 8 point kit in mine. I used the main hoop with out cutting it down. It clears my top by an inch. The fastback roof might be a different height than the convertible though.

I have one for my 1973 duster and it is about 3 inches too short. I am trying to contact CE but I cannot get through to them. I also just found out from my buddy he had the same issue and I wished I would have know this before I bought the kit. I guess $260.00 gone in the wind. Maby a chevy Nova guy can use the kit.

I'm putting a 10pt cage from competition engineering in my 68 barracuda notchback. I have a question about the height of the main hoop from the floor to the bottom of the bar. If anybody has done a similar install what are you getting for distance. Also what are you measuring from the top of the bar to the inside of the roof. Mine is tacked in and seems a little short.

Im also wondering about the top hoop and its clearance with drivers head and position in the car. I'm a tall guy 6'5" and it seems like my head might stick out a bit......

I'll post some pics of what i have done tomorrow and some measurements too.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

-
Back