Majpor probelm with build-need advice

-

hemidart1

Reaction score
I had my car on the hoist and the Hooker headers don't fit around the 727 that I bought. So I either have to :
1)try to sell my 727 and buy another tranny-904

2)ditch the headers and run manifolds

3)buy a different set of headers

anyone have any sound advice?

(the car is going to be a strip car only)

Al.

Al, I don't know if this is sound advice but let me ask you a few questions. I don't want to assume anything so what car is this for? Are the headers new? Are they specifically for your application (year/make/model/motor/trans/PS/PB) etc?

If this is for a narrow body, I haven't checked to see what was available recently but remember several guys going to beefed up 904s because of this reason.

Well I had to make a decision so I ditched the Hooker Super
Comps and will have to run manifolds for now. I am limited for time to get it running as I'm moving and need to finish it before I leave.

Are they fenderwell and if so how does the tranny interfere? I know that the TTI's require some mods made on the bell housing

Well I had to make a decision so I ditched the Hooker Super
Comps and will have to run manifolds for now. I am limited for time to get it running as I'm moving and need to finish it before I leave.

I didn't know you were in that kind of rush. Good luck with it and the move.

the Hookers hit my 727. Unfortunately I can't afford TTI's right now. This car is supposed to be a side project as I already have a Charger to cruise in.
I'll have to run manifolds but it's no big deal it won't hurt the fun aspect of racing(just maybe my 1/4 mile times)!

the Hookers hit my 727. Unfortunately I can't afford TTI's right now. This car is supposed to be a side project as I already have a Charger to cruise in.
I'll have to run manifolds but it's no big deal it won't hurt the fun aspect of racing(just maybe my 1/4 mile times)!

Are they fenderwells? I had to trim some area on my bell housing

If your running Bracket type drag racing,
the main thing you want is to be consistent.

So if you make 10-15 less HP, than with the headers,
its not a huge deal, just get the car dialed in. :)

Be sure to add a driveshaft safety loop,
and an overflow radiator catch can/bottle.

Good luck with the project,
and the move to a new place.

-
Back