Making a spring relocation kit?

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
I have read several threads here and I have been to bigblockdart.com and I was wandering would it be that hard to make your own kit? All you need is a metal fab shop to bend a "c channel" and cut it and weld a plate to one end. Then get a steel sleeve to weld in the rear rail for the shackle.

For the cost of the kit, $150 (?).. is it worth trying to get somebody to bend something then weld a plate x 2, and as I remember the kit comes with a few more pieces. You might not have alot of money in it for the steel and if you could do the bending and welding yourself you would probably save a few $, but to have someone else do it for you I don't think you'd come out too far ahead.

Why not acqiure a square tube the proper deminsions and cut one out of it.
I would think fairly easy to do. Most welding shops and metal supply house have "drops" so as not to have to purchase a full length stick.

I was just going to weld the boxes together. Don't see why they would need bent. then the only other thing you would need is the two pipes that go through the rear frame rails. That could be picked up at local hardware store. Reuse your old shackles and your good to go. Should cost less than 20 bucks.

Hay magnumforce makes the boxes and will sell them to you for 60.00 + shipping.Hear is a picture of my boxes. Mark

9701Custom.jpg

couldnt you box the top of stock bolt in spring hangers and zip off the bolts

I had the mopar ones in the barracuda. the guy put them wrong.I had to cut them out and put new ons in.The ones in the pictures are thicker then the mopar ones. Mark

Thanks for the info. I have a peice of 1/8th plate I think I am going to use. May be a little over kill but better safe than sorry.

340Dart-
Nice work. Have any more close up pix to share?
Nice, clean fabrication work on what appears to be a very solid car.

George

-
Back