making my first pass today!!!

-
S

SealockRacing

yep, last race of the 07 season at budds creek. im going to driving a 73 Dart for a pass or two.

its got a stout 360 with aluminum edelbrock heads, victor jr intake, hooker or hedman headers, and thats backed by a 904 with a reverse manual valve body.

the car runs 11.13's at 123 mph...

im hoping to get an 13 second pass out of it

The car runs 11.13 why are you hoping for 13s ??????????

i was hoping for 13's today because this was my first time EVER driving a race car, this was my FIRST trip down the strip in my life.

i wasnt going to go all out first run, that would be stupid and dumb, so i took it easy, not even close to the floor...i ended up running a 13.86 @ 95.45mph with a .436RT

2nd run- 12.75 @ 109.15mph

i picked up quite a bit, and had a blast. i am officially hooked.

time to finish the 67 Cuda and get it ready for the 08 season!

ill scan and upload the time slips within the next day or so

Wow !!! Your first trip down the drag strip!!:notworth:
Sounds like you are having fun in a fast way sir.
Congratulations. Making memories is so cool.:burnout:

Have you posted pictures of your dart or barracuda yet?:dontknow:

Congrats so what did it feel like. More addicting than smoking huh?

ive never smoked, but id say so.

it wasnt my Dart, it was a family friend's who was generous enough to let me drive.

pictures of the 'cuda are up in the project/ restoration section, the car will hopefully be ready by March for the 08 season.

i just need a front brake setup, service the rear brakes, nut and bolt the entire car. i need some slicks but im getting a used set for free. and then the big part...the motor...its going to be a basically stock 440 with a cam, intake, and carb...hopefully itll run 12's in the car...

ill get some pics of the dart i drove soon!

Yup.
Congrats so what did it feel like. More addicting than smoking huh?
Hell, it makes meth addiction look tame.

A bit of seat time will really help to make you quicker at the track. I found that I could put ETs within about 3-4 hundredths back to back to back in my Valiant fairly regularly, mostly because I drove the car 30+ miles a day. It sure as hell wasn't skill!

Man, I miss that car.

Now, the only problem for Sealock is to run a low thirteen... high twelve... mid twelve...

-bill

Same here lenweiler!!
Mine was a 7.04 1/8 mile to be a back up driver years ago.:love4:

That'd be a quick first pass!

Well lets say my first fast pass, My 70 barracuda 318 block with worked up small chamber heads was a driver and I hung out at the race track every week end and got some light time with it. Slow 9.10 car. I started out helping cowboy at the line and vht on tiers and he let me give his car a dry run a few time and he liked my reaction times and I new his car well.
He was a good guy that some times showed up alone and I would help him
with all I could. Lost him to cancer about 7 years ago.:-|

Sorry guys it was a 71 Malibu small block that would squat off the line and ran like a champ.

-
Back