Malco PF1 flanger/punch

-

clementine

Flight risk
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
15724692240261209072866.jpg
HellooooooFABO!
So I got a Malco PF1 flanger/punch and I was putting oil in the oil fill hole located on the tool body just south of the head of the tool (not the air hookup) and hit the trigger. Oil shot out of the hole and with many attempts to replace said oil, I have not been able to get the tool to completely actuate.

Help......

Thanks FABO!
Yes i know I'm not supposed to fill while its hooked up.... let's look past that shall we?

15724692588891174096972.jpg

15724693674912010404123.jpg

Last edited:
Did you try a few drops in the air intake? Stuck ball in that inlet behind that screw in the 2nd picture?

That's the oil hole for the mechanism itself. Not the air motor. Air motor gets its oil through the air inlet, just like every air tool ever made. That oil plug gets removed and a few drops added and the the plug is replaced. I have an air nibbler made very similar and it is the same.

Ill try looking behind that big screw. Its a new tool and was working fine...(oil before use...yada yada) I just had the curiosity bug to see if I could get MORE oil in that hole....heh heh....and well I found out. Tool still moves and actuates but the hole punch does not get the puncher all the way thru.

That's the oil hole for the mechanism itself. Not the air motor. Air motor gets its oil through the air inlet, just like every air tool ever made. That oil plug gets removed and a few drops added and the the plug is replaced. I have an air nibbler made very similar and it is the same.
I oil my air tools before use, but for SOME DUMB REASON I took out this screw and hit the trigger. How do I replace the oil that shot out? I have put more in and the tool does move, but not all the way.
Thanks for the replies fellas....feeling a bit dumb for doing this.

I oil my air tools before use, but for SOME DUMB REASON I took out this screw and hit the trigger. How do I replace the oil that shot out? I have put more in and the tool does move, but not all the way.
Thanks for the replies fellas....feeling a bit dumb for doing this.

Take the plug out and put oil in and replace plug.

Take the plug out and put oil in and replace plug.
And if it doesn't work take it back. One thing bad about buying a tool like that is that Malco may not have a repair department. If you're lucky, they will just give you a new one.

I am flat bottoming trunk as there is no wheel that I am running that will fit. Putting in a B body tank so i have room for exhaust post mini tub....
First try at bead rolling put a tweak so bad in panel I couldn't use it. So i am just using 18 gauge. We will see.

Thanks again for replies!

20191030_144802.jpg

20191030_144452.jpg

20191030_144747.jpg

I got gutsy and took tool apart (In half) and put oil in bottom side of the head.

IT WORKS!

Thank you two fellas for responding!

View attachment 1715416198

Yeah, there's a LOT less to air tools than you realize. I started servicing and rebuilding them when I was like 12 or so. Most of them are stupid easy. Glad you got it going! Now get to work! lol

Are you going to document the install of that B tank? Please consider it!
I have taken a few pictures, but its not a fool proof situation. for starters....it places the rear of the tank quite close to the bumper, (effectively making it a pinto) and the fill tube isnt a perfect line up.

If I pull it off I should have enough pictures to document.
Thanks for the encouragement!

-
Back