Status
Not open for further replies.

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Contact seller
Does anyone know where I can purchase the Mallory 29014 YH & YT Advance Curve kit? It doesnt seem to be made anymore. I was told these were used for the MP distributors. If anyone has one or know where I can get one let me know.

Yep, thats it Bruce. But everywhere I check they are no longer available.. Heck I would even take someones partial kit, perhaps I could get enough different springs.

Yep, thats it Bruce. But everywhere I check they are no longer available.. Heck I would even take someones partial kit, perhaps I could get enough different springs.
Hi there,

Did you find a kit? Or alternative?
I was looking for one myself, they're nowhere.
Thanks

I have the entire key set. I had the springs too, but I seem to have misplaced them.

Hi there,

Did you find a kit? Or alternative?
I was looking for one myself, they're nowhere.
Thanks

Nope, nothing anywhere!

I have the entire key set. I had the springs too, but I seem to have misplaced them.
If you run across it and want to get rid of it, keep me in mind Rob. Thanks

Nope, nothing anywhere!

If you run across it and want to get rid of it, keep me in mind Rob. Thanks

You can have the keys. I have no Mallory stuff at all. I got the kit on a whim that I thought I might get a Mallory distributor for the Hemi, but that's never going to be finished. Let me have a day or two to see if I can find the springs. You can have it either way but I would rather find it all.

good idea from CrackedBack, post #3.
forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/mp-distributor-mechanical-advance-adjustment.194507/#post-1969497381
PS - since this kit is no longer available, any suggestion on a spring kit? I AM being a bit lazy here - I could research/buy every spring that looks similar and try... any advice/experience would be appreciated. thanks.

good idea from CrackedBack, post #3.
forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/mp-distributor-mechanical-advance-adjustment.194507/#post-1969497381
PS - since this kit is no longer available, any suggestion on a spring kit? I AM being a bit lazy here - I could research/buy every spring that looks similar and try... any advice/experience would be appreciated. thanks.
The generic springs Mr. Gasket sells will work. It'll take some trial & error, but you can make them work, especially now that you won't need those fancy Mallory keys. Springs: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mrg-928g

Does anyone know where I can purchase the Mallory 29014 YH & YT Advance Curve kit? It doesnt seem to be made anymore. I was told these were used for the MP distributors. If anyone has one or know where I can get one let me know.
I have a Mallory Comp SS distributor that uses that advance mechanism and I have the "keys". I actually am looking to sell the distributor as I just picked up a dual sync unit to run sequential injection. I don't want to off load the advance kit without the distributor as then it would be useless to the next owner, but if you're interested in the whole kit and kaboodle, I'm sure we could work something out or if you'd like some pics and measurements of the keys, I'd be willing to get that info to you, so you could maybe make something up.

Raime, I have the keys. I cannot find the springs. If you want the keys, I will gladly send them.

If anybody wants to be super cool and post the thickness of those keys, I'm sure it would be appreciated by more than a few.

Again, I posted a link to an older post by crackedback (above) with measurements of a few of those keys. He sees a pattern of 2*=.015.
Not doubting his findings- MOST appreciated- I'd love a second complete set of measurements for confirmation.

If not too much trouble...

Again quoting crackedback:
Thickness of some keys from the mallory kit.
14*: .140"
16*: .155"
18*: .170"

Looks like 2* = ~.015 change.

I have a Mallory Comp SS distributor that uses that advance mechanism and I have the "keys". I actually am looking to sell the distributor as I just picked up a dual sync unit to run sequential injection. I don't want to off load the advance kit without the distributor as then it would be useless to the next owner, but if you're interested in the whole kit and kaboodle, I'm sure we could work something out or if you'd like some pics and measurements of the keys, I'd be willing to get that info to you, so you could maybe make something up.

Thank you for the offer, but I dont need the whole unit. I understand not wanting to split it up.

Raime, I have the keys. I cannot find the springs. If you want the keys, I will gladly send them.

Rob, Im still interested in the keys. I'll send you a conversation.

You don't really need the keys. Just go to MSC, Grainger, or McMaster, or a really good local hardware store, and get the right drill bit:

14° = .130” or 3.3mm or #30 drill

16° = .149” or #25 drill

18° = .167” or #19 drill

20° = .184” or #13 drill

22° = .202” or #7 drill

24° = .225” or 5.7mm or #1 drill

26° = .240” or 6.1mm or B drill

28° = .260” or 6.6 mm or G drill

I just measured my set of keys. (sorry, not for sale)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back