mallory distributor

-

dart67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just got the mallory unilight and it has 3 wire hook up 1 to + coil 1 to - coil and 1 to ground,with the electronic igintion i all ready have a + from the ballast resistor to the coil and a - to coil. Do i hook it up to the coil or into the ballest resistor.
Thanks
Mike

Can I get rid of the orange box and use a ballist resister?
Thanks
Mike

I would eleminate the orange box. They're junk. I've seen numerous reports of the dwell dropping out after 3500 rpm so your timing drops back. My Cuda came with a brand new Mopar conversion kit using the orange box and it was defective right out of the box. It ran but mis-fired.

Just hook your unilite to the coil and run B+ to the plus side of the coil. Generally the coil design determines wheather or not you need a ballast resistor. If your also using a Mallory coil do a google search for mallory unilite and it'll come up with their homepage and you can look up your coil number to see if you need the resistor or not. If it's not a Mallory coil and your not sure run a resistor to be safe. Even if you don't need it you won't loose much spark.

-
Back