MALLORY FTW! HOLLEY FTL! We need AMERICAN made again.

-

Shainesboostin

Reaction score
Just installed my Mallory Highfire box. Love it! Went through 2 MSD boxes (Newer styles) appereantly they are now manufactured in Mexico? Also, bought a Holley blue and Regulator. Regulator was stamped "MADE IN KOREA", kinda bums me out. Went to return it at the local speed shop. Got another, BAD to, so they grabbed all of them off there shelf (8 in total) all bad!!! Who manufactures in the USA? Edelbrock still?

Sorry, back to the subject. The Old Mallory box is great! Along with an Old Mallory Tach. Car starts great, revs great, dosent miss a beat. Rev limit is easy to set.

Mallory Highfire>MSD 6AL

Just installed my Mallory Highfire box. Love it! Went through 2 MSD boxes (Newer styles) appereantly they are now manufactured in Mexico? Also, bought a Holley blue and Regulator. Regulator was stamped "MADE IN KOREA", kinda bums me out. Went to return it at the local speed shop. Got another, BAD to, so they grabbed all of them off there shelf (8 in total) all bad!!! Who manufactures in the USA? Edelbrock still?

Sorry, back to the subject. The Old Mallory box is great! Along with an Old Mallory Tach. Car starts great, revs great, dosent miss a beat. Rev limit is easy to set.

Mallory Highfire>MSD 6AL

Must be NOS Mallory as they are now owned by MSD.

MSD Performance Merges Product Lines With Mallory Ignition - EngineLabs

Holley Buys MSD Group: Racepak, Mallory, Edge, Accel, Superchips, and More Join Holley’s Tree of Speed Parts

During MSD buying out Prestolite Performance (Mallory, Accell, Lakewood, etc.) and then Holley buying the MSD group, it's my understanding that Mallory has been discontinued as a brand. Certain items are relabeled MSD while others have been simply discontinued. Personally I love my Mallory Hy-Fire 6AL. Never a problem for many. many years.

Last edited:
Had my fill of mad. Both their LS stuff and the 6al and the 4x4 ignition. All junk. That's why they're buying up everything, trying to monolopize the industry cause their crap is bad.I dunno bout all, but thru my experiences, I'll never buy their stuff again. Shame too. I actually bought a 6 al 30 years ago. It worked great,sent in for update and repair once. Still great. Had to be fixed again and it been awhile,now as of last fix its junk. I'll just buy autozone. Accell's just as bad if not worse. SBC distributor bad and worn out in 6 months. Boycott em, they'll change!

Haven't had a single problem with my MSD 6AL going on 8 years now:D:D

Haven't had a single problem with my MSD 6AL going on 8 years now:D:D

Yea, they just recently went overseas. That's the point. And even if they are still working...sucks there not made here. I know the quality isn't as good. And, Mallory was awesome.

You prolly got a box made before they became crap. I've used their mopar stuff ,4 x4 stuff, LS systems and had trouble with em all. Guys are getting LS systems that don't work right outta the box and they can't be fixed , their potted assemblies so now they gotta be replaced. Boycott em.!!

Crane cams isn't owned by msd and their cd ignitions blow msd's away imo.
Been running a crane cams hi-6 cd ignition and lx91 coil on my 360 magnum for a few years now and no issues at all.
Msd wasn't even digital untill a few years ago. They stuck by their analog system for way too long.
And they are way over priced.

Supposedly, MSD released a new ignition box with the Mallory name on it at PRI. It's not like the Mallory 685 box.

The smartest thing MSD could have done was put MSD stickers on the Mallory boxes and sold the **** out of them. Screw MSD and all their chips and crap.

seems as though everybody i talk to is going this route and loving it.
Rev_0376hk_v2Bpp.jpg

seems as though everybody i talk to is going this route and loving it.
View attachment 1715004808

Does it have an adjustable start retard?
Does it have two step capability?
Does it have boost retard capability?

Those are just a few of the features I think this box is missing. I looked into it a couple of years ago, and it didn't have some of the most basic stuff most guys need, except for a rev limiter.

-
Back