-
Status
Not open for further replies.

DusTed74

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for a set of Mallory orange advance weight springs. These are to fit a unilite with the YH advance mechanism.

Thanks..................Ted

I think it would. I want to slow the stock advance rate down, and looking at the way the advance mechanism is set up it appears that most of the work is being done by only 1 spring anyway.
Let me know what you want for it.
Thanks!!!!! Ted

Looking at the chart it looks like if you use the stock brown spring along with the orange spring the advance will start coming in at approx. 1200 (vs. 1100 for the stock springs) and the rate of advance is a little slower than it is with the stock springs, although the total will max out about the same time (approx. 2700-2800). It's not a big difference but is slower. I could use the purple spring you take out. If you'd want to trade I could send you my orange spring and when you replace your purple spring with it you could send it to me (providing the orange spring does what you want it to do). Let me know what you think.

That sounds like a plan.
I want to make a small change to see how it will react. I feel the advance rate is too aggressive right now. It doesn't ping but I can feel that it's not too happy until it gets around 22 or 2300.
Thanks again............Ted

That's the way to do it. Big changes can sometimes go too far the other direction. Hopefully this will benefit both of us. I think mine would like a little quicker advance.

Your welcome, Tracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back